BTCC Side Skirts Reverse Fitted???

Vix777

Hey guys, so i've finally decided to go ahead and put on the BTCC kit on my baby FR. Its arriving here next week. I've ordered everything for the kit excluding the back bumper coz i personally don't like the look of it. However, whilst searching through forums i noticed a Silver leon with the kit, but the side skirts were switched around, with the thicker portion was towards the back end. I must admit this looked very stylish. I just wanted to know is it common to this and would any of you advise me to have them fitted on reversed? i Guess its a matter of preference but now i'm extremely confused as to what to do. Normally fitted or reversed, That is the question...:confused:

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
I would say if you are fitting the BTCC front bumper has well then fit the skirts with the thicker part at the front to blen in with the bumper.

Vix777

By the way, i'm finding it difficult trying to post up pictures so that i can show you guys what i'm talking about. If anybody could advise me as to how to post up pics that would be much appreciated :D

Vix777

Cool thanx guys, I'd have to agree with you! Appreciate the input

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
By the way, i'm finding it difficult trying to post up pictures so that i can show you guys what i'm talking about. If anybody could advise me as to how to post up pics that would be much appreciated :D

The right way round is to have the thicker section of the skirt towards the front and have it taper to a thinner section at the end.
You won't be able to post any pictures till you have made 15 posts on the forum (as stated in the T&Cs on the forum) and the best way to do them is to upload them onto a site like Photobucket and then link it on your post.
Alex

croftyboy_8

right thats it! ive searched forever guys, where can i get the kit from? i want in on the action!

croftyboy_8

ok, maybe i should have structured my question a little better...

a) how much?
b) can i get a better deal from anywhere else other than dealers?
c) thanks

bizzaboy

ok, maybe i should have structured my question a little better...

a) how much?
b) can i get a better deal from anywhere else other than dealers?
c) thanks

a) £170 + vat (SEAT Dealers price).
b) EBay? Dealers if you want them quick!
c) No, thank you! :D

Anyone got these side skirts fitted to a "standard" FR? Pics (in Black would be great)? :)

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick

It's me!

I didn't even know they were backwards until someone on here (Alex, I think it was you actually) pointed it out when I posted some pics up. Personally, I like the way it looks, but its all down to personal preference at the end of the day. But I would say if you are not going for the rear bumper, that you should probably have them the correct way round, as the lines are likely to flow better with the smooth lines of the car.

bizzaboy

If we didn't already know that the "thick" part of the side skirts is supposed to be fitted behind the front wheel arch, most would see the above as normal - as it is usual for them to taper off towards the front, and the thicker portion at the rear (not just SEAT but most cars that feature side skirts)? :confused:

One further question - How do people think these look on an FR that has the "standard" FR bumpers and NOT the Aero Kit front/rear bumper? Still look good, or do they not look right ?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
If we didn't already know that the "thick" part of the side skirts is supposed to be fitted behind the front wheel arch, most would see the above as normal - as it is usual for them to taper off towards the front, and the thicker portion at the rear (not just SEAT but most cars that feature side skirts)? :confused:

One further question - How do people think these look on an FR that has the "standard" FR bumpers and NOT the Aero Kit front/rear bumper? Still look good, or do they not look right ?

I have them fitted to my Cupra non K1 , and look better imho but i would say that :p
i think they get lost on the K1 because of the huge ugly bumpers just my opinion.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members