BTCC - Thruxton Sunday - The Big Day

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Plato has signed for another 3 years with SEAT, he has mentioned it during an interview.

Based on what was said, that means here in the UK.

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
from watching it on tele, plato did'nt look to have the pace in the final race to me. neals letting the vauxhalls thru was an odd behaviour, but after the crap start jason had left himself a lot to do.
the better driver on the day won.

I feel for them.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
concidering what Jason was going Through he did bloody well, i dont think i could have driven a normal car let alone a BTCC one with the burns he suffered.

and another 3 years with SEAT is great but who will be his wing man?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Read the BTCC web write up and it sounded awesome :( just a shame I was at work. Plato did really well considering his injuries and it was oooooooh so close !

Leon

Jul 29, 2003
Scotland
Well done to Fabrizio Giovanardi, & well done to JP for today, he's just stated that his injuries or not he wouldn't of been any quicker today.

I can't believe Matt Neal though...

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
U sure letting people through is not illegal mork. I thought you had to race competitively (spelling) etc and that was defo not. In F1 they are not allowed to let people through even on the same teams. Either way if its illegal or not its a disgrace and I hope it does come back to haunt him in the future.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Giovarnardi seems a really decent bloke, and through gritted teeth it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. If Neal had won I'd still be seething, but after some of the saves Gio has managed this year (remember the side swipe he recovered from at Brands), he's obviously a bloody talented driver, so very deserving. At least JP has 3 more tries in him.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
I am a member of btcc.net and Scott Dennis is a member too and I sent him a PM sending my commiserations, praising the jobs of everyone who is a major player in SEATSport UK like Engineers Piers and Nick, Technicians like Andrew Pyle, Manager Jon Haynes and of course not only NorthernSout but Scott himself, for losing the Manufacturers title and again missing out on the Drivers title. Even though we are Teams champions.

But I also said as a professional factory touring car team SEATSport UK may be down but they aren't out and that I was confident they would put their full weight into 2008. Somewhat "un-subtely" dropping the hint to switch to the TDi engine. Just dropping into the chat that it worked well for Jordi and Yvan in the WTCC and that it just may prove a key.

But the reason why I am so "miffed" you may say is not because of Fabrizio because he wasn't the problem. I truly have to tip my cap to him. It is Neal that was the issue. I am sure something slghtly underhand from him in race 3 played a bit part in Jases' faulure.

Still. The 2007 season is over. Move on. And move on we will.

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Great racing. Commiserations to Jason -was close, he did extremely given the burns he suffered recently. Though got to give it to Giovanardi he had great start and makes great champion! (far better than Neal!) Last time I saw an Italian win was when I was saw Tarquini win for Alfa Romeo. Pleased to see Mat Jackson progressing and win -great guy (had my fast lap in a Seat Leon Cupra with him last year at the free SEAT Motorsport Fast Track Day).
I’m sure SEAT will be back stronger in 2008.

Deleted member 7729

I heard that Neal is off to Vauxhall next year to replace Chilton...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.