Build date thread

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
wow, so worse case scenario it is then, we have to wait until 2023..
i suppose this information is valid for the entire Europe and not just your specific region.

can anyone confirm whether this is the case for the Cupra Leon eHybrid as well?
if these ones have any chance of being delivered within the year i would consider swapping my order..
I am still waiting for an update but no production date yet for my cupra leon ehybrid. I ordered in september. However, my dealer told me Cupra is prioritized and it was even possible Seat Leon ehybrid for Belgium, not only gets delayed but gets cancelled. He will update me within 2 weeks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I am still waiting for an update but no production date yet for my cupra leon ehybrid. I ordered in september. However, my dealer told me Cupra is prioritized and it was even possible Seat Leon ehybrid for Belgium, not only gets delayed but gets cancelled. He will update me within 2 weeks.

I have also read on other sites that they will be prioritizing Cupra over Seat.
But on a second thought, i doubt that my Dec 21 order for the Seat will arrive later that a newly placed May 22 order of a Cupra..

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
I have also read on other sites that they will be prioritizing Cupra over Seat.
But on a second thought, i doubt that my Dec 21 order for the Seat will arrive later that a newly placed May 22 order of a Cupra..
I think the same. If you have bad luck, your Seat will be arriving in february 2023 or so, but if you count for a Cupra: I've ordered in september. It is now 8 months without any production date. Even if they call me today that car is in production, it's only here in July. That is 10 months. 10 months from today is march 2023.

May 13, 2022
wow, so worse case scenario it is then, we have to wait until 2023..
i suppose this information is valid for the entire Europe and not just your specific region.

can anyone confirm whether this is the case for the Cupra Leon eHybrid as well?
if these ones have any chance of being delivered within the year i would consider swapping my order..
I would imagine it’s probably the same case for the cupra model as I’m guessing they’re made in the same factory.

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Confirmed by my dealer today. Leon models from today will not come with dynamic indicators until further notice.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Confirmed by my dealer today. Leon models from today will not come with dynamic indicators until further notice.
I really expected this to happend tbh..

Is it possible that this will affect only specific markets/countries?
Also, do you guys think it would be possible to retro-fit the lights with the dynamic indicators later on?

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
I really expected this to happend tbh..

Is it possible that this will affect only specific markets/countries?
Also, do you guys think it would be possible to retro-fit the lights with the dynamic indicators later on?
Do you think the rear lights will still be led with the light bar?

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Do you think the rear lights will still be led with the light bar?
If the light bar is gone alongside the dynamic indicators it is a huge reason for me to cancel tbh, it’s my favorite design element of the car..

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
If the light bar is gone alongside the dynamic indicators it is a huge reason for me to cancel tbh, it’s my favorite design element of the car..
I do not think they will remove the infinite light. As I understand, it is the chip for the dynamic lights that's not going to be installed, but the rest of the lights will stay the same.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Yeah I would imagine you'll Still get the coast to coast light, just not the dynamic indicators.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I do not think they will remove the infinite light. As I understand, it is the chip for the dynamic lights that's not going to be installed, but the rest of the lights will stay the same.

The light bar does do some animated/dynamic flashing when you lock/unlock the car though so I suppose it requires a chip as well. Following the same logic, wouldn’t that be removed as well?

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
The light bar does do some animated/dynamic flashing when you lock/unlock the car though so I suppose it requires a chip as well. Following the same logic, wouldn’t that be removed as well?
Yes the welcoming ceremony is also removed.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
is this explicitly confirmed anywhere?
Not official. On a dutch forum somebody told their dealer has said dynamic indicators + welcoming ceremony. If the welcoming ceremony is not affected, it's not that big of a deal for me. If that's affected, it's a big deal.

Reactions: Leonfr140

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Not official. On a dutch forum somebody told their dealer has said dynamic indicators + welcoming ceremony. If the welcoming ceremony is not affected, it's not that big of a deal for me. If that's affected, it's a big deal.

its one of the reasons I chose the car (from Mk3.5 FR to Mk 4 FR) luckily standard fit to get the coast to coast lighting (plus ceremony and dynamic) which gives great visibility.

May 16, 2022
I had a reply from dealer today saying anyone who has a seat Leon on order won’t be expecting it this year 🤬 seat cannot get hold of wiring lions because of conflict in ukraine 🤷🏻‍♂️

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I had a reply from dealer today saying anyone who has a seat Leon on order won’t be expecting it this year 🤬 seat cannot get hold of wiring lions because of conflict in ukraine 🤷🏻‍♂️
After so many people got an update from their dealers not to expect their car in 2023, i think we can assume that this will be the case for all of us.. And as if that wasn’t enough, we also lose dynamic indicators. Great.. 😶

I understand that they cannot get wire harnesses from Ukraine, but they could have bought it from other countries. I read that they were relying on Ukraine because it was much cheaper compared to anywhere else, but is it really worth it for SEAT to just delay orders by that much? The amount of orders that will be cancelled could probably negatively affect their revenue much more than just buying wire harnesses from other countries. Right?

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
After so many people got an update from their dealers not to expect their car in 2023, i think we can assume that this will be the case for all of us.. And as if that wasn’t enough, we also lose dynamic indicators. Great..

I understand that they cannot get wire harnesses from Ukraine, but they could have bought it from other countries. I read that they were relying on Ukraine because it was much cheaper compared to anywhere else, but is it really worth it for SEAT to just delay orders by that much? The amount of orders that will be cancelled could probably negatively affect their revenue much more than just buying wire harnesses from other countries. Right?
All companies are ordering from other countries. But if you read Diess his speech, they prioritize maken and models with higher profit. Q3 and Cupra Formentor are prioritized over Octavia, Leon and Golf. Cupra Leon is prioritized over Seat Leon...

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
All companies are ordering from other countries. But if you read Diess his speech, they prioritize maken and models with higher profit. Q3 and Cupra Formentor are prioritized over Octavia, Leon and Golf. Cupra Leon is prioritized over Seat Leon...

While this strategy makes sense, the cheaper models are usually the ones that are ordered in much higher volumes. By screwing so many customers over with these huge delays, many orders will definitely be cancelled and they will have a big hit on their revenue. They should have tried to find more efficient solutions to tackle the current situation imo..

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
While this strategy makes sense, the cheaper models are usually the ones that are ordered in much higher volumes. By screwing so many customers over with these huge delays, many orders will definitely be cancelled and they will have a big hit on their revenue. They should have tried to find more efficient solutions to tackle the current situation imo..
As far as I know, this strategy is only for PHEV. I had to be more specific in my original post.

The problem is, there is no specific sales list by engine, so you can not see which are selling the best. For Cupra it is the Formentor. They are taking 70% of the sales. So they get prioritized over Leon, which makes sense. But Seat Leon has a sale which is 2 times this of the Formentor. However, we do not know how many of them are hybrids. For the Audi Q3, they sold the same amount only in Europe as Seat Leon worldwide. Octavia had a sale of 200.000 around the world.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.