Build date thread

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Hi there,
I ordered a Leon FR PHEV in early September ‘21, I have been in contact with SEAT UK who advise that they don’t have access to the system which gives them information about orders. When I originally ordered my dealer told me I would take delivery in December 2021- this obviously didn’t happen…..

It’s mid May and I still don’t even have a build date. It’s just a waiting game unfortunately. I’ve asked my dealer about delivery times when compared to order date - he said it varies from model to model which is understandable. Not really helpful to those customers that are waiting though…
So sorry to hear there are cases worse than mine, we need to build up our patience 😅

It is a little weird, though, that some people on this forum ordered the FR PHEV in October and said they have a build week. Which is why I wonder if anyone can confirm that the build order is decided solely based on the order date or if it can vary depending on the specific dealership or country the car is ordered from..

May 13, 2022
So sorry to hear there are cases worse than mine, we need to build up our patience 😅

It is a little weird, though, that some people on this forum ordered the FR PHEV in October and said they have a build week. Which is why I wonder if anyone can confirm that the build order is decided solely based on the order date or if it can vary depending on the specific dealership or country the car is ordered from..
It’s a good question to be fair but I think the dealers just don’t want to say anything to get your hopes up and then the dates they stated don’t deliver.
I have been tempted to pull out and cancel the order but I at this point I reckon I’ve waited too long plus the deal I got is too good to then down.
So like lots of unfortunate people who ordered the PHEV Leon I’ll just wait it out 🙄

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
So... this weekend I was at my dealer (in Belgium) for some administrative problems, and was able to ask more info about the delivery of my Cupra Leon ST PHEV. The original delivery date was on saturday, but atm I do not have any production date.

The dealer told me before the end of may Seat will have a meeting to discuss how to improve delivery dates. One of the things they already did was cancelling Tarraco PHEV's for a few countries (one of them is Belgium). One of the new options they are going to discuss is to cancel Seat Leon PHEV for some countries to improve delivery times of the Cupra Leon PHEV. If I hear something from my dealer, I'll keep you updated.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
So... this weekend I was at my dealer (in Belgium) for some administrative problems, and was able to ask more info about the delivery of my Cupra Leon ST PHEV. The original delivery date was on saturday, but atm I do not have any production date.

The dealer told me before the end of may Seat will have a meeting to discuss how to improve delivery dates. One of the things they already did was cancelling Tarraco PHEV's for a few countries (one of them is Belgium). One of the new options they are going to discuss is to cancel Seat Leon PHEV for some countries to improve delivery times of the Cupra Leon PHEV. If I hear something from my dealer, I'll keep you updated.
As far as I know, they have already stopped receiving orders for many hybrid models. In the UK for example, it is already impossible to place an order for the Leon eHybrid.
May I ask, when did you place your order?

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
As far as I know, they have already stopped receiving orders for many hybrid models. In the UK for example, it is already impossible to place an order for the Leon eHybrid.
May I ask, when did you place your order?
I did order my Cupra Leon PHEV 30/09/2021.

Ordering is stopped in october for the Seat Leon PHEV and Tarraco PHEV in Belgium. But last week they cancelled all orders of the Tarraco PHEV which were not produced yet. So everybody who had ordered a Tarraco PHEV which is not in production, gets the option to change their order to another model with a discount of 2500€ (it were roughly 300 orders that got cancelled in Belgium). Now they are seeing if they are going to do the same with Seat Leon PHEV. But, it depends from country to country. As far as my dealer knows, the production cancel of the Tarraco PHEV was for Belgium and some eastern European countries. For Seat Leon, they do not know if they are going to do the same and use the same countries, but they are talking about it. Normally before the end of the month, they will get this info.

Reactions: chris_louk
May 16, 2022
Hey, I ordered a seat Leon st hybrid fr sport 29th July 2021 and it’s still in order received status 🤦‍♂️. Dealer keeps chasing but was told few weeks back they have stopped production due to the conflict in Ukraine & parts shortage.
Apparently he will be getting an update from seat this week hopefully Tuesday regarding delivery delays

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Hey, I ordered a seat Leon st hybrid fr sport 29th July 2021 and it’s still in order received status 🤦‍♂️. Dealer keeps chasing but was told few weeks back they have stopped production due to the conflict in Ukraine & parts shortage.
Apparently he will be getting an update from seat this week hopefully Tuesday regarding delivery delays
So sorry to hear that, I hope that you get good news on Tuesday, and please let us know when you do.

It is rather peculiar that people like you who ordered so long ago don’t have a build week yet, but some people who ordered in October said they did.. I would really like to know how SEAT decides the build priority list..

Reactions: Danh86
May 16, 2022
So sorry to hear that, I hope that you get good news on Tuesday, and please let us know when you do.

It is rather peculiar that people like you who ordered so long ago don’t have a build week yet, but some people who ordered in October said they did.. I would really like to know how SEAT decides the build priority list..
Yes will let you know once I hear anything it’s so frustrating. Do they priorities the bigger dealers maybe 🤔? My dealer is pretty small compared to some.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
Yes will let you know once I hear anything it’s so frustrating. Do they priorities the bigger dealers maybe 🤔? My dealer is pretty small compared to some.
For what I know, it is not based on dealer, but on color and options. If you choose a color that is not ordered a lot, you have to wait longer (because they wait till they have enough orders). If you have ordered options which need specific chips, you have to wait longer.

Reactions: chris_louk

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
My dealer, JCB Ashford called me about my Leon E hybrid order and confirmed I’m looking at Q1 2023. I’m not in a rush for the car and so far the dealer has really helped me out with my current Leon. 2 x new tyres, wiper blades and a service to keep me from cancelling the order. I know it’s a pain having to wait but can’t fault the contact I’ve had so far from them.

Reactions: Har0012

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Have the people still waiting heard about the dynamic indicators being removed on Cupra Leons, from build week 18, thread on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Hopefully this can be seen
Screenshot_20220516-214911_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

May 13, 2022
I like others on this thread have been contacted this morning by my dealer. Seat have confirmed that they don’t expect to delivery any Leon e-Hybrids until Q1 2023.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I like others on this thread have been contacted this morning by my dealer. Seat have confirmed that they don’t expect to delivery any Leon e-Hybrids until Q1 2023.
wow, so worse case scenario it is then, we have to wait until 2023..
i suppose this information is valid for the entire Europe and not just your specific region.

can anyone confirm whether this is the case for the Cupra Leon eHybrid as well?
if these ones have any chance of being delivered within the year i would consider swapping my order..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise