Bye Bye Leon, hello Formentor

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
So my Leon has gone and I now have a shiney white Formentor.

The jury is out on the set up for Cupra Connect as it took me about two hours to finally get it sorted, though I think much of that was down to the fact that mobile data where I live is cra*, especially Vodafone which is the provider being used by Cubic.

Everything else seems good, though I am a bit confused as to why the instrument cluster stays on for a long time after the doors have locked, and certainly longer than the home safe lights - anyone else notice this or is it just my settings need tweaking.

Other than that, wireless Android worked immediately on connecting Bluetooth. Wifi connected to my phone ( after the Cupra Connect - Alexa setup ) flawlessly.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbmally

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Welcome to the club! I have noticed my instrument cluster or infotainment turning on when walking into my garage etc. I have a theory it might be connected to the sensors of the car seeing there is a person nearby. But I'm not sure.

Overall with these new cars (not just Cupra/VAG) there is so mugh technology in them that weird things or small bugs are frequent. But I've experienced nothing serious so far.
A recurring small quirk is that the front sensors do not like snow, salt and dirt collecting on them. That will result in "Sensor impaired" messages and autopilot, front assist etc. getting turned off. This stops after about 5 minutes of driving once the sensors are cleared. I'm making it a habit to wipe off the sensors and reverse cam when I get home from work every day.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
So my Leon has gone and I now have a shiney white Formentor.

The jury is out on the set up for Cupra Connect as it took me about two hours to finally get it sorted, though I think much of that was down to the fact that mobile data where I live, especially Vodafone which is the provider is being used by Cubic.

Everything else seems good, though I am a bit confused as to why the instrument cluster stays on for a long time after the doors have locked, and certainly longer than the home safe lights - anyone else notice this or is it just my settings need tweaking.

Other than that, wireless Android worked immediately on connecting Bluetooth. Wifi connected to my phone ( after the Cupra Connect - Alexa setup ) flawlessly.
My Leon does the same with info cluster, so maybe just a quirk.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Welcome. I've gone the same route. From a white Leon FR 184 to a gray Formentor VZ 310. I am quite happy with both cars. Luckily I had no major issues with the Formentor.

Instrument cluster stays on a little while. I believe the car is shutting down or something similar. I haven't really paid a lot attention to it.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
The shutting down seemed fine today, obviously a momentary lapse of reason. I did a 70 mile round trip today, from North London and down the M3, traffic was really bad so judging the consumption was a waste of time. On the way back the traffic was better until I left the M25, at that point it was showing I was managing 56mpg. I have a light right foot and only accelerate harshly when I need to, average speed at that point was 60, so allowing fo a bit of slow traffic when I was leaving Farnborough that was not bad at all. There is one thing that came up today....
20221122_180124.jpg

anyone know why?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members