Calling all Turbosmart dualport owners!

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I have recently changed my green cotton panel filter for an open cone and it's now blowing off at the slightest throttle above 2k revs. I am slowly winding it in stiffer so it doesn't flutter so often. No faults or anything come up on the dash yet (touch wood). I think I might need a stiffer spring.

How many turns have you set on your Turbosmart kompact dualport, and what air filter/induction kit do you have with it?

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
i had one on a k03 remapped and it just dumped well below when the turbo could build up and good amount boost that was on the hardest setting

Cupra-jb

lcr 269 bhp L60 0NR !
Jun 28, 2008
Huddersfield
iv got the kwickshift induction kit on mine,i opened the valve fully open then turned it closed about 4/5 full turns and it sound great now has a slight blow off at lower revs and sounds great at full pelt[B)]

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
I have recently changed my green cotton panel filter for an open cone and it's now blowing off at the slightest throttle above 2k revs. I am slowly winding it in stiffer so it doesn't flutter so often. No faults or anything come up on the dash yet (touch wood). I think I might need a stiffer spring.

How many turns have you set on your Turbosmart kompact dualport, and what air filter/induction kit do you have with it?

hey mate on my old 210bhp lcr i had a duel port turbo smart, i also ran mine with that old 57i kit you seen on my lcr.alli can say is give it a good half turn run it round the block and try again. if so repeat 1st step until it tightens up.
it shoulldnt make any diffrence changing filters over. i use to use locktite glue on thread (takes a while to go off) hence getting the ajustment right..
you can also take the dv apart and pull the spring to stretch it back a bit longer..
i did have a number for turbo smart.. if you ring demon tweeks and ask them for the number,they will give it to you... it puts you threw to the main uk turbo smart office. chap i spoke to was very helpful...

hopes this helps see you 6ish sunday mate[B)]

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise