Can’t remove the antenna?

Feb 28, 2022
Hello,
I’m not the best expert in cars, I have an antenna I would like to replace on my car.
Some guy at a garage and my father tried to remove it without any success. The garage guy tells me I need to disassemble all the roof?
Is it true? Is there anyway I can remove it?

I have a 12.2014 FR 1.2
Photo for reference: https://ibb.co/vPz3cn1

Best regards

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Yes unfortunately it’s bolted down with a nut from the inside of the car so roof lining has to come out. Trust me it’s not worth doing it as you might damage the lining taking it down and you definitely will break some of the plastics as you’ll need to strip off anything in the roof lining including lights etc the roof lining is also bolted in the front in 5 places with torque screws.

Feb 28, 2022
Yes unfortunately it’s bolted down with a nut from the inside of the car so roof lining has to come out. Trust me it’s not worth doing it as you might damage the lining taking it down and you definitely will break some of the plastics as you’ll need to strip off anything in the roof lining including lights etc the roof lining is also bolted in the front in 5 places with torque screws.
I mean are you talking about the top part? The antenna gets down. That’s the part I’m trying to replace with a smaller one.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
The top part of the antenna should just unscrew and then pull out, although I've never managed to do it, mine seems stuck.

Feb 28, 2022
The top part of the antenna should just unscrew and then pull out, although I've never managed to do it, mine seems stuck.
That’s exactly what I’m trying to do, I’ve seen some people say I cannot remove it and others saying I can. I’m scared of trying to pull again and destroy my antenna since it seems really that it won’t get out.

LJamH

Mar 16, 2022
That’s exactly what I’m trying to do, I’ve seen some people say I cannot remove it and others saying I can. I’m scared of trying to pull again and destroy my antenna since it seems really that it won’t get out.
I had to change mine recently since mine looked like birds had eaten half of it.
The end locks in with a kind of push fit.
Make sure its defiantly unthreaded all the way then wiggle it side to side and pull. It'll come off.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise