Cant fit my strut brace

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
Got a ss strut brace this mornin n ried to fit it today but its slightly twisted n the holes are about 10mm out of line. so ive ordered another but not confident that this 1 will be any better, has any1 else had trouble with theirs? cheers

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
they are made like this so there is tension in the bar get the back one in first the you should be able to bend the platform so the front one fitts make sure the bolts arent cross threading before you go made with the ratchet!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Just a thought (never tried it) but, does it make a difference if you jack the car up, to take the weight off of the inner wings ? Maybe they'll flex a bit in the right direction.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
no because the bolt hole cutouts on the strut brace are puposely spaced too far apart so when bent to get bolts in tention is in the brace it doesnt take alot to bend into position

Triple D

Is it a seat sport one? or forge one? or another one that you have sourced? as both the forge one and seat one fitted fine on mine

Triple D

oops sorry, just realised it meant seat sport not stainless steel :(

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
It was definately too far out to fit, i cudnt even get one bolt on each side in loose and it took two of us to force just one in which mean the others were out of the question. hopefully the new 1 will be much easier to fit. ill let u know on thurs :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.