Car completly fixed and ROLLING ROAD RESULTS!!!!!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
i agree dellboyy if you are running big power already on a stage 1 map there is not much point, i was running 206bhp and 320 ft lbs of torque and if im honest now this is a totally different animal. I would have been interested to see going from completly standard to this. But as you said if your figures are true there isn't much point. Speaking to henry about standard cars, for all cars he has never rolled a standard car over 5-10bhp than it's supposed to be, he said to me if your car is supposed to be 170 ps 168bhp. And a roller is reading your car out 15-30bhp more than that, apparantly the roller will be overeading and that is one of the ways to judge rollers. That's why it is good to get your car rolled standard first. Your car should be reallisticaly near as dammit to the claimed figures give or take a few bhp

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Took my first scalp today lol, after driving in economy mode to work in back for the last day and a half averaging 49mpg was becoming pretty boring so gave her a wee blast for a few seconds. Low and behold no more than 30 seconds later, up my backside is a black old shape civic type r 54 plate, i found it quite a coincidence as only this weekend i bought a transfer for the back window below my Custom Code one saying (V-TEC THIS! and the 1 finger salute) HAHA. ANyway needles to say on the private strip of road for the remaining 1/2 mile the type r was no more! I am very impresed on how quickly it pulls away and not meaning to blow my own trumpet it felt sooo good!!! Because in few words the type r took quite a tanking and then slipped back into the slow lane. I also noticed if you don't boot the car for a few drives and then lay the foot down there is quite a ploom of smoke Insult to injury!!!!!! HAHA smile on my face!!!!:D

Poverty

Took my first scalp today lol, after driving in economy mode to work in back for the last day and a half averaging 49mpg was becoming pretty boring so gave her a wee blast for a few seconds. Low and behold no more than 30 seconds later, up my backside is a black old shape civic type r 54 plate, i found it quite a coincidence as only this weekend i bought a transfer for the back window below my Custom Code one saying (V-TEC THIS! and the 1 finger salute) HAHA. ANyway needles to say on the private strip of road for the remaining 1/2 mile the type r was no more! I am very impresed on how quickly it pulls away and not meaning to blow my own trumpet it felt sooo good!!! Because in few words the type r took quite a tanking and then slipped back into the slow lane. I also noticed if you don't boot the car for a few drives and then lay the foot down there is quite a ploom of smoke Insult to injury!!!!!! HAHA smile on my face!!!!:D

haha poor vtec driver lol.

Find some bmw e46 m3 drivers next lol

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
HAHA believe it or not Poverty my next door neighbour has the new m3 lol a V8, he's had a lot of tuned cars in the past lol, MR2,s, celica's, he had a 740i bmw supercharged lol! And i was chatting to him about the motor, and he asked if i fancided a go against his m3 lol. I declined very quickly!!!!!! HAHA

Poverty

HAHA believe it or not Poverty my next door neighbour has the new m3 lol a V8, he's had a lot of tuned cars in the past lol, MR2,s, celica's, he had a 740i bmw supercharged lol! And i was chatting to him about the motor, and he asked if i fancided a go against his m3 lol. I declined very quickly!!!!!! HAHA

take him up on the offer, you might be surprised ;)

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol

I believe you will have more torque than him, have a go [B)] give him the shock of his life,

Poverty

How are you getting on with your motor poverty, what's it running at just now? And have you had any major scalps?

Other than the usual stock evo 340's, e46 m3, new focus RS, the major ones have been the new m3 like your neighbors and a aston martin v8 vantage. Oh and E55 AMG when I was 3 man up. :D

At a guess I should be running about 360hp. Need to get her on the rollers again.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Fooking hell mate!! That must be one potent motor! A lot of power!!!! I very much doubt i will touch or even come close to an M3 lol. WIth just over 240bhp lol! But i'm happy with the leon. For a diesel its fast lol. I've never personally been in a faster car but i'm only just 21!! Hopefully one day i can get an equivalent cupra and tune it up!

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I've had a Little go against an E46 M3 a few days after I got the car, he was up my ass trying to eager me on so I thought Id give it a go, we got up to 4th gear and he couldn't over take, he pulled up to me at the next lights asking what power I was running, I said standard and the look on his face was epic.

My dad has an RS6 and when I had the meganesport, (tuned to 275bhp and 330lbft) me and him had many goes against each other and he could never over take me.

philt90

2010 black Cupra R
Feb 12, 2009
preston
hey BIGG im looking at getting a de DPF done in the future from this experience you have had would you say that JBS and CC have sorted out the problems that people were having or would you say this is a car to car thing i would be very happy if i had a car with those types of figures

240 BHP
395 lb
50 MPG

crazy !!!!

belfastchris45

Apr 8, 2009
belfast

Just read all the thread. Big congrats mate..well pleased with your results. You d efinitly deserve some nice smooth motoring after all the cr5p you have had. As for the VTEC crowd, nothing more pleasing than leaving them in a nice black soot cloud. There faces are a picture.

Gonna get mine RR in the next few weeks. Still not sure what power I have. But massive massive congrats on your power, truely amazing sleeper.

Chris

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Thanks for that Chris! I'm sure yours will get good resutls as well! Yeh i am v.happy with the car and hopefully get good luck and good driving with the car. In saying that lol only tonight i had to get two new fronts, as they were running on the markers!!! So that was another £260! But it can't be helped lol, better that than six points, and that would be me banned lol!!! Funds are not existant just now, paying the insurance next week which is substantial £1168. But after that hopefully i can get some money together for a few more mods. I must say chris i'm a big fan of the orange colour, your car is a cracker mate! And hope everything goes well with you to.
Replying to John, in the end john it was the sensors that packed up no mapping problems, and i know they can't rectify that, but that doesn't mean to say it will happen to you! You may be trouble free, now mines fixed im getting better mpg and it feels slighly more lively than before. I was very surprised with 240.6bhp and 432ft lbs of torque! But it really does shift! If you want serious performance out a diesel it is a well worthwhile mod!!!! But it is a lot of money and put a couple of hundred quid a side on top of that for sensors.:)

Last edited:

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
But it really does shift! If you want serious performance out a diesel it is a well worthwhile mod!!!! But it is a lot of money and put a couple of hundred quid a side on top of that for sensors.:)

To all who are interested Custom Code are putting together a group buy at the moment and will be ready to sign up to within the next week they say. Depending on price im tempted. Around the £600 mark and i will get it

http://seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2769539&postcount=124

k3gsxr

Is the group buy only available at the cc headquarters, with living in glasgow i would have to got to j gracie, same place bigg went, id be up for it if it included there, will they be posting a price shortly?

big_richyt

How did you find the service at Gracie's in Clydebank BIGG?

I have heard some good and bad things about the garage from mates, and looking to get some DPF delete action so really not sure about taking my car there!

If Revo did the DPF delete I would take it straight into the Garage at Glasgow Cross , but the won't entertain a DPF delete Re-map at the moment!

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
How did you find the service at Gracie's in Clydebank BIGG?

I have heard some good and bad things about the garage from mates, and looking to get some DPF delete action so really not sure about taking my car there!

If Revo did the DPF delete I would take it straight into the Garage at Glasgow Cross , but the won't entertain a DPF delete Re-map at the moment!

If your running the facelift TDI FR, you may need to check with tuners. The new FR has a CR(common rail) engine whereas the current DPF delete maps are for the PD engines. It might be slightly different, so just check with the tuners beforehand mate.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If your running the facelift TDI FR, you may need to check with tuners. The new FR has a CR(common rail) engine whereas the current DPF delete maps are for the PD engines. It might be slightly different, so just check with the tuners beforehand mate.

As far as im aware its completely different , Preety sure they use different ECU's

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.