Car completly fixed and ROLLING ROAD RESULTS!!!!!

big_richyt

Spoke to Revo Tuner at Drivers (Glasgoe) he said Revo will do remap for the CR as well as the PD but won't touch the DPF delete re-map on both!

He said he knew someone who has a Golf GTD booked into CC Glasgow soon which i take it is Gracie' s Clydebank!

Being that it is the same CR engine i imagine Gracie's are DPF deleting the CR engine.

Tried calling them all day but no answer :confused:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Spoke to Revo Tuner at Drivers (Glasgoe) he said Revo will do remap for the CR as well as the PD but won't touch the DPF delete re-map on both!

He said he knew someone who has a Golf GTD booked into CC Glasgow soon which i take it is Gracie' s Clydebank!

Being that it is the same CR engine i imagine Gracie's are DPF deleting the CR engine.

Tried calling them all day but no answer :confused:

I phoned them this afternoon and got through ok. Gracie's is a small indie garage and there is usually only 2 of them on at one time so you might have phoned when they were with a customer or working on cars.
Not sure if the DPF delete has been done on the CR engines. The DPF does not give as much problems on the Common Rail engines as the PD engines due to the PD engines being a bit more sootier.
Alex

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I phoned them this afternoon and got through ok. Gracie's is a small indie garage and there is usually only 2 of them on at one time so you might have phoned when they were with a customer or working on cars.
Not sure if the DPF delete has been done on the CR engines. The DPF does not give as much problems on the Common Rail engines as the PD engines due to the PD engines being a bit more sootier.
Alex

Ive spoke to a few tuners down here and theve said theres no CR De-DPF yet

big_richyt

Thats pretty crap then the delete is not available for the CR yet. I was hoping to make this one of my first mods but guess i'll need to wait for the software to be available!

Maybe i'll volunteer my car to CC for the develpoment if they'll do it for free! :lol:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Common rail engines are defo not dpf deleted, as far as i have been told by tuners there gains even in stage 1 format are not as high as the PD engines. And there is not yet a stage 2 dpf delete. As for Jerry's he is a good enough guy, my mate stevo is in there however, with his audi S3 after getting stage 1 and his bottom end has gone, not saying that is due to the remap but it is looking like a £1000+ fix on top of the remap cost, and it was while Jerry test drove it. These things can happen, jerry has been good with me, he is hardly in clyde bank, you will get him at bothwell through the day but i know for a fact he will be charging more for the dpf delete than he charged me(£800) because it was v.difficult apparently. my car was frm 9am till 3.30 pm.

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
but i know for a fact he will be charging more for the dpf delete than he charged me(£800) because it was v.difficult apparently. my car was frm 9am till 3.30 pm.

not bad for a days work £800!

which i got that for working 6.5 hours!

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
out of that £800 he probably gets 100

Hes still gotta buy the De-Dpf at like 200-300 , Buy the Map at like 200-300

Exactly all they do is change the pipe, what's that an hours work. If he isn't writing he maps then how is it difficult

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Exactly all they do is change the pipe, what's that an hours work. If he isn't writing he maps then how is it difficult

Kinda agree but then he has still got to Flash and load the Map and then do the Rolling Road runs before and after

I think with all the overheads they dont really make much money outta it hence why not many are offering it ,

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Nah no rolling road runs needed. They test drive the car, have to take off the old dpf and downpipe including removing all sensors........ and then fit the new 1 which is a big b*tch!! And has akward threading, you get it wrong the pipe is f**ked. Then they refit the sensors..... see where im getting at... Then they upload the map, let it run for 20 mins to register new values, then he takes the car for a test drive and rags the tits off it.. Apparently doing that while your ecu is registering the values give you a better chance of high figures in performance aspect.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Nah no rolling road runs needed. They test drive the car, have to take off the old dpf and downpipe including removing all sensors........ and then fit the new 1 which is a big b*tch!! And has akward threading, you get it wrong the pipe is f**ked. Then they refit the sensors..... see where im getting at... Then they upload the map, let it run for 20 mins to register new values, then he takes the car for a test drive and rags the tits off it.. Apparently doing that while your ecu is registering the values give you a better chance of high figures in performance aspect.

Strange when i have mine done i want before and After RR Graphs

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
JBS do provide this, if there RR is working. J.Gracie does not. That is why from the beginning of me getting my car. I had it RR at standard the day i got it (167.8)bhp (261)ftlbs. An hour later i had it mapped by Angel Tuning and went back to Henry the next saturday morning (206.1)bhp (321)ftlbs. I was annoyed with the map as it was hesitant when changing gear. And after much annoyance that Angel Tuning said it was a characteristic so my turbo doesn't blow up. I went and got the CC stage 2 dpf delete back to Henry's after everything was sorted with sensors. I run my car on bp ultimate diesel constantly. And figure was (240.6) bhp (432.0)ftlbs. That was 5 runs with the same results within a few bhp and ftlbs of each other. You however Andrew if you are going to JBS won't have to fanny around. I don't know how accurate their rolling road is , but remeber lol, i'm always told this by Henry. COmmercial RR are a good thing to measure the difference in bhp gained between 1 reading to another e.g 250 to 280= 30bhp gain. But all standard cars are tested to a power spec. And they will only be a few bhp from the book readings. For instance, all motors showing 10, 20 bhp up on standard power, are showing that because the RR is not accurate, same with new cars showing reading 10,20 bhp below. Unless the RR is about dead on book values when car is standard, don't take the tuned final reading as gospel, instead judge the gains you have got from the first reading to the 2nd. That's what henry always told me lol. A good example. When i had my ibiza fr tdi remapped, by angel tuning, i had it rolling roaded before and after by Hillington Dastek rollers, they showed my car as standard at 138.3bhp and after my Angel tuning remap on the ibiza it was 192.4. I thought that was amazing!!! But then i got told about Henry off of a few people in ayrshire and Paul from angel tuning said that he had told henry and henry welcomed me along, my ibiza made 182.1bhp!! I was gutted lol!! But he asked me what Dastek had rolled me at standard and i told him, and he said that's the reason there results are to high. THe ibiza should make no less, and no more than 127-130bhp. So when i thought about it he was spot on. And my gain was still substantial. It's just a wee heads up Andrew, for rollers to work properly they need to be set up to the spec of the car and a lot of the time commercial RR's are not!;)

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh i know how RR's work

Im more interested in the Gain Figure than the final figure and also how better the car feels , At the end of the day Figures are just numbers for pub bragging , Its all down to how well the car can put down the power on the road

No point having 400bhp if you carnt put it down

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh true true m8! I put on new michy pilot sports. The other day got them for a bargain off my pals who work for kwik fit. And has made a huge difference, for putting the power down.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Another scalp today, (on a completly private track may i add) lol. 02 plate subaru wrx sti. Wanting a go, i was rather nervous but thought, fair enough i'll go for it, i sat behind it and it wnet for it, big bore exhaust on it loud as hell, i sat behing physically almost pushing it along the road, it moved into the other lane and i passed it at 1.2.0 with a surprising amount of ease. I then slowed down and it stayed up my arse for a good while, i slowed down then belted it again at 50 in 3rd and away, it just couldn't keep!! The guy followed me to the BP station as i needed filling up, and his words were F***ing hell mate, what have you done to that?. He then went on to say "it's a diesel and all i saw the smoke out the back when you booted it". He was a sound guy and gave me big respect, i'm still pinching myself!!! :D:D:D

JBS Sales

Another scalp today, (on a completly private track may i add) lol. 02 plate subaru wrx sti. Wanting a go, i was rather nervous but thought, fair enough i'll go for it, i sat behind it and it wnet for it, big bore exhaust on it loud as hell, i sat behing physically almost pushing it along the road, it moved into the other lane and i passed it at 1.2.0 with a surprising amount of ease. I then slowed down and it stayed up my arse for a good while, i slowed down then belted it again at 50 in 3rd and away, it just couldn't keep!! The guy followed me to the BP station as i needed filling up, and his words were F***ing hell mate, what have you done to that?. He then went on to say "it's a diesel and all i saw the smoke out the back when you booted it". He was a sound guy and gave me big respect, i'm still pinching myself!!! :D:D:D

HI

Glad you are enjoying it :)

Poverty

Good stuff my man. Next target for you is evos and e46 m3. ;)

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Cheers poverty!!! I'll defo give it a go mate, but i reeeeally don't think i'll touch an m3, i've never raced one, but i've been in my next door neighbours new m3 and that is a fast car!!!!!!!!

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
I had a ding dong with an m3 awile back, pulled abit more in every gear untill he hit the limiter and then i started to claw back in to him.
I must have about same power as you give or take but you got much more torque, wont be much in it with you and an e46 m3

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.