Car image in infotainment

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
I’m not sure where the Cupra brand sits at the minute it is too new to be classed premium right now.

hard to say what area it is but imo doesn’t have the prestige to be classed premium.

my old leon fr had a leon cupra as the car on the screen. Made me feel sad everytime i seen it and like a cheap skate. It was like this is what you could of had
My current Cupra Ateca has the correct image in the display..Even the colour.
Are there different colours available?
IMG20200905182349_LI.jpg

Tell

Staff member
I’m not sure where the Cupra brand sits at the minute it is too new to be classed premium right now.

hard to say what area it is but imo doesn’t have the prestige to be classed premium.

my old leon fr had a leon cupra as the car on the screen. Made me feel sad everytime i seen it and like a cheap skate. It was like this is what you could of had

Bling ?.

Problem is now the goodies are only on the Cupra's these days in the UK market, if you want the goodies you also have to have the bling. ;)

Reactions: pburv

Tell

Staff member
My current Cupra Ateca has the correct image in the display..Even the colour.
Are there different colours available? View attachment 18284

You would think it's in the settings, but if so it would be VCDS so not something brought out for customer modification. Yours is a mib2 high which wasn't effected by the picture issue. For some reason some of the export countries don't get the high unit but the standard mib2 unit.

Anyhow a certain person I advised on how they could get their country maps on the unit even thou the dealers of VAG dont support it... may be to stop you getting ambushed or something.

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
You would think it's in the settings, but if so it would be VCDS so not something brought out for customer modification. Yours is a mib2 high which wasn't effected by the picture issue. For some reason some of the export countries don't get the high unit but the standard mib2 unit.

Anyhow a certain person I advised on how they could get their country maps on the unit even thou the dealers of VAG dont support it... may be to stop you getting ambushed or something.
I am new to the Cupra brand. I have just jumped ship from an Audi S3 saloon. I was just wondering if the image matched whichever colour your car is. Or is it just shown in silver?

Tell

Staff member
I am new to the Cupra brand. I have just jumped ship from an Audi S3 saloon. I was just wondering if the image matched whichever colour your car is. Or is it just shown in silver?

Side stepping that question.... no you can't but the person who has written the mib2 high toolbox which is used by retrofitters has apparently. It's in the area of serious hacking so no not unless you want to turn your unit into a retrofit and find a retrofitter to do it. They add performance gauges and alter your Mapcare limit if you dont like what you have. I passed on the performance gauge. Others on this board have the performance gauge which is the work of Chillout... a suite of programs which programmers use.

Tell

Staff member
Ah well I might pluck up courage to install the custom 1447 firmware with the mib tool once I got my summer journeys over. I have the boards retrofitter associate on hand if I dig myself in a hole so they can dig me out again. I'm scoping it which means reading German translation on a forum to decide real and imaginary issues. Mib Tools is an adjunct to that product which is called to do some tasks. VCDS / Obdeleven etc is a must for firmware changes. Will do a how to if I get success. The unit already runs retrofit software. So will master Mib Tools at that stage.

You know angels fear to tread....

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
You can do it 😎

Just make sure.. there's MIB2 Toolbox (my product at GitHub.com/jilleb/mib2toolbox) which is all about customizing, and open for writing your own menus and scripts. And then there's M.I.B. (which stands for More Incredible Bash), which is focused on patching a unit so it has all FECs and no component protection.

If you want to upgrade to 1447, and you lose the mibroot patch the original retrofitter applied, you can fix this with M.I.B.

Reactions: Tell and MIB-Wiki

Tell

Staff member
Putting the ball in the net.

I'm hoping everything will be in 1447 with the mib2 tools. Will there be a mibroot patch missing 🙄.... whatever that is. That's the thing about messing with the software yourself, you can move to something that doesn't work from something that does.

The process the original retrofitter used was to read the cars setting using the back camera port (usb) so presume the d link method, unit powered up. The firmware went in via an SD card once "manufactured". Does that sound like a mibroot patch. 1338 they used with a P in the name. The FeCs have a different VIN to mine.....

For continued reading:

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Hi [mention]Chillout [/mention]& [mention]Tell [/mention]
Can you please tell me if the unit I have is actually supported by the mib toolbox ?

a1cd245fab83673edc83ed3128894115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
There is one for Mib2 High which I've installed today (Mib Tool). Went off without incident done a back up to forward to M.I.B. where they are being very helpful with the 192 issue. I'll get one with the Skoda FeC in it... sort of a module that should fit back in to my previous modded one.

The link on software thread above is for firmware 1447, is more if your unit hasn't been modded and Mapcare is out and you want the Skoda navigation lifetime FeC added so you can update the maps following VAG leaving the Seat part number out of the June map release rendering it unusable for updating Seat mib2 high maps. Haven't tested it. At your risk. Positive reports thou on that board. It upgrades the firmware. I was advised by one of their programmers to stick with my modded software but with the Skoda FeC added.... whilst their official documentator was saying upgrade. I will do what the programmer says.

Now the standard one is shown here.

Now whether it works for Seat you'd have to ask @Chillout

Pending Chillout appearing fish around on here:

Chillout has been at it for years modding the unit. He's posted up his graphics stuff on the SeatCupra site asking what people liked. There is a Mr Fix it video showing the colouring of graphics on the screen.

Jilleb is his handle on Github.

Last edited:

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Hi [mention]Chillout [/mention]& [mention]Tell [/mention]
Can you please tell me if the unit I have is actually supported by the mib toolbox ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a Standard unit, which isn't supported by the MIB2Toolbox. There is a MIB Standard toolbox, but I don't know if your specific unit is supported:

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Ah Github fork... too old for this type of stuff :unsure:. Yanivkoval I suspect wants to make his car look something different to a standard Ateca in the screen images which he's forced to by the graphics in the Mib2 standard unit not catering too well for Cupras. All the pre face lifted ones sold in the UK and I believe the EU has the high unit in them (Seat Plus) (more fully populated with the correct image), Israel and NZ standard Mib2 at-least (standard Ateca image).

Latest.

Now got the Skoda lifetime navigation FeC on my mib2 high so I've loaded up the 192 June map release. All done with mib tool and help from the user base. Didn't cost anything but will contribute to the project financially. Two avenues either the 1447 software upgrade I documented or keep your current firmware. Mib Tool on the SD card after backup if it doesn't have that firmware suggest you upload. Then dependent on how helpful the mib tool / mib team want to be will make you a module to slot back in to the mib tool directory structure on the SD card. Run that module with an add FeCs. Long hold on the on / off to force reboot. Check your FeCs should see the Skoda FeC as per Ateca handy ready reckoned and Bobs your Uncle you can then upgrade the maps for life.... well till about 2025 based on the current legacy life cycle.

How to do it index out from here

click

Anybody proficient in car coding, existing mib2 high map updates shouldn't have an issue.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.