car servicing & fog light surround issues

t_searle

Mar 23, 2006
Just had my car being serviced today for the 1st year with approx 7000 miles on it. Had some probs with the turbo boost coming in and out when under load, but they are not looking at it cuz it has an induction kit on. Is this true?? And also my fog light surrounds were flaking their paint off, but the dealership has said these are not standard and have been painted by someone. This cant be because I bought the car with 3 miles on the clock. But anyway they are refusing to replace them too. he said they either do plain black surrounds or anthracite and mine are neither of them. The car is a UK 2006 Ibiza Cupra, or so it says in the V5

Cheers for any info

gazjones

are the fog surounds the same colour as the bit the number plate atatches to and the grills at the top of the bumper if it is then thats the original colour. i would take induction kit off as there are problems with some type of valve/ solinoid, they just use induction kit as easy way out, replace with air box and take to another dealer

t_searle

Mar 23, 2006
Yeh they are the same colour as where the number plate attaches too. both front and back but the dealer thinks they have been painted by me or a previous owner, but the car only had 3 miles on when i got it. I think they just cant find the part number or something. Whats colour are everyone's else's?? Cheers

t_searle

Mar 23, 2006
Also they wont replace one of the misted up headlights, have people had these replaced at delaers before or is it out with the drill like most have done. Do they pass MOT's all steamed up?

gazjones

not sure about mot i can get you a part no for the foglight surround then get them to order one in and say look same colour!

gazjones

left is 6LL 853 665 79Y
right is 6LL 853 666 79Y
looks like they are only few quid each anyway about 5 so not much to replace it if they wont do it

t_searle

Mar 23, 2006
yeh think will have to order them from somewhere, nearest dealer is 70 miles from me so will have to try mail order or something. What colour is those codes for, the dealer said there are 2 different colours, black and anthracite and mine are neither!!! I Love dealers!!

gazjones

only anthracite on the cupra you cant get black ones i dont think only normal bumper have black fog surrounds

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.