Carista App

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Hi,

My car is about to go in for a safety recall and as part of this I believe they will reset my system and I will no longer have my Carista app modifications. The only one I really care about is the park pilot display so I am keen not to lose that. As I am no longer in beta program does anyone know if this feature is now available in the normal app (i am happy to pay for it)?

Thanks
Just request to be part of the beta for more testing. I’ve been on it for almost a year. I Just send regular requests.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Hi all,

Just trawled through 33 pages but couldn’t establish is the headlight washer delay is a beta setting or included as standard now?

I saw some reference that beta was closed now for the Leon (facelift FR)...most of the options I want are already enabled on my spec fortunately but the constant headlight wash is frustrating already as need to fill bottle within a week at the moment so would like to order Carista and change this setting or is it something dealer can do? Wasn’t sure about all the debugging info for beta...does that provide any sensitive data or just car settings?

Thanks all

Geoff

Hi Geoff.
Can you just tip me off re this one? As you are a REGULAR user of fluid!!! Cheers Andy
------
After the recall and reset to factory I re enabled the one touch mirrors.
I also set the number of windscreen washers before headlamp washers from 5 to 15.
I left the delay as it was 500 ms [Microseconds! or was it 5000]

However testing yesterday the first use of the Wipe wash activates the Headlamp washers then not again [did not get to 15 ] Later on second drive it did it again first use wash wipe activated headlamp washers with no lights on]

1} Question is that normal even with headlights off the Headlamp washers activate.
[I thought it was AFTER 5 or 15 not starts then counts down and ONLY if they are ON.

2] What is the delay for and what should it be is it MS [microseconds]

If my system is now coded wrong how do I reset it or just revert to 5.

3] When using Carista with ignition on should I have left lights on AUTO or ON or just OFF

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Geoff.
Can you just tip me off re this one? As you are a REGULAR user of fluid!!! Cheers Andy
------
After the recall and reset to factory I re enabled the one touch mirrors.
I also set the number of windscreen washers before headlamp washers from 5 to 15.
I left the delay as it was 500 ms [Microseconds! or was it 5000]

However testing yesterday the first use of the Wipe wash activates the Headlamp washers then not again [did not get to 15 ] Later on second drive it did it again first use wash wipe activated headlamp washers with no lights on]

1} Question is that normal even with headlights off the Headlamp washers activate.
[I thought it was AFTER 5 or 15 not starts then counts down and ONLY if they are ON.

2] What is the delay for and what should it be is it MS [microseconds]

If my system is now coded wrong how do I reset it or just revert to 5.

3] When using Carista with ignition on should I have left lights on AUTO or ON or just OFF
Hi Polly (Andy),

Currently using mine several times a day due to the roads and have blazed through a full washer tank in less than a week as lights are on most of the time so getting the headlights done as well. I know I could turn the lights off then use the washers then back on again but that is a bit of a faff.

Currently my headlights don’t wash when the lights are off but when on they get activated on the first and then every fifth activation of the windscreen washers.

The issue is that holding the washer for a long press so to maximise the 5 washes before the headlights activate again means they are on for a while and using lots of fluid ;). If I quickly spray the screen a couple of times each wash it means I’m getting the headlights done regularly.

On my old car i could give the window a few quick blasts and the lights wouldn’t be cleaned unless I held the windscreen wash on for a couple seconds...which seems a better way round to me but maybe I’m just used to that functionality.

I saw somewhere there is an option to delay the headlight washer activation for up to 2.5 seconds rather than 0 and also increase from 5 washes on the windscreen before activating the headlights, can’t recall or find the post whether it was Carista or OBD11 and if it was Carista whether it needed beta or not.

It probably doesn’t help I have the pistol washers so may consider the fan upgrade as others have done as they were very good on last car but I’m not too fussed if I can get the water consumption down by changing the activation.

Can you confirm if this option is on your Carista on beta or in the standard menu item? Thanks.

In response to your questions I don’t think they should activate when lights off, the 500ms (half a second) is how long you have to activate the windscreen washer for before the headlights should operate so quick blast will avoid them activating which is what I’d like (probably a second or two), and I’m not sure about the auto setting but I would have left it in auto...can’t imagine it would make a difference when using Carista though but as not got one (yet) I couldn’t say for definite.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Hi Geoff.
Thanks for the kind reply. VERY helpful to know they work the very FIRST time you wash wipe only with lights on then wait 5 times.
And what the delay was.

So on my Carista app and new 1 week old plug from Amazon I have the option of extending the number of uses before they headlight washers kick in. Currently at 5. I set 15.

The 'DELAY' was in ms [microseconds??] and set at 500 or so so left that as was not sure what it meant.
Now I know YES it can be adjusted too.
It NEVER did that before so need to readjust that to 2000 to 2500 ms as you suggest if it allows it.

Some relief then that really it is working in spec, and I have not messed it up.

Glad to help too.
Cheers Andy

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Geoff.
Thanks for the kind reply. VERY helpful to know they work the very FIRST time you wash wipe only with lights on then wait 5 times.
And what the delay was.

So on my Carista app and new 1 week old plug from Amazon I have the option of extending the number of uses before they headlight washers kick in. Currently at 5. I set 15.

The 'DELAY' was in ms [microseconds??] and set at 500 or so so left that as was not sure what it meant.
Now I know YES it can be adjusted too.
It NEVER did that before so need to readjust that to 2000 to 2500 ms as you suggest if it allows it.

Some relief then that really it is working in spec, and I have not messed it up.

Glad to help too.
Cheers Andy
Hi Andy,

Glad to have helped a bit!

Do you have the beta version of Carista or just the standard one to get those options?

Yes I’d like to set mine to say 1000ms (1 second) or maybe even 2000ms so that I can give the windscreen a quick splash without activating the headlights...upping to 15 activations instead of 5 would also be handy.

Do you (or anyone else) know if Carista adjustments leave a trace on the ECU like a remap that the dealers could pick up on if there was ever an issue with a warranty item? I can’t see how changing the headlight washers would void warranty but you never know.

Thanks.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Hi Geoff sorry not to make it clear. It was just the standard one. Have not altered the delay yet but it seemed it was available too like the wash wipe numbers. Have not double checked yet sometime this weekend.
Cheers Andy

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Geoff sorry not to make it clear. It was just the standard one. Have not altered the delay yet but it seemed it was available too like the wash wipe numbers. Have not double checked yet sometime this weekend.
Cheers Andy
No problem that’s brill thanks for confirming...better get one ordered.

Thanks! And good luck getting yours programmed as you want it :thumbup:

Reactions: Polly

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Just had this reply on the mk3 leon threads.

The delay in milliseconds could be either the soak time between the first and second headlight sprays or the time that you hold the lever in the wash position before the headlight washers activate.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Just had this reply on the mk3 leon threads.

The delay in milliseconds could be either the soak time between the first and second headlight sprays or the time that you hold the lever in the wash position before the headlight washers activate.
Cheers Andy...I spotted that post as well and it could well be that but I am pretty sure the delay is from pulling the wiper lever to it activating the washer jets for the lights...of course I could be wrong but that was the case on my last car...doesn’t mean it’s the same on the Leon of course but the delay in mine is 0 and it’s immediate.

Feb 19, 2020
Got my Carista set up a few days ago and got the needle sweep ect working. Today i started the car and the needle sweep isn't working. Any ideas as to why this could be?

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
No problem that’s brill thanks for confirming...better get one ordered.

Thanks! And good luck getting yours programmed as you want it :thumbup:

Just had the reply from carista support.

Thank you for contacting us. That's a delay after pulling the lever and initiating the wash wipe.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Just had the reply from carista support.

Thank you for contacting us. That's a delay after pulling the lever and initiating the wash wipe.
Hate to say it but...told ya so haha...ok I love to say that...to the wife anyway...ok you got me I daren't say that to the wife :roflmao:

Glad you got the official confirmation though and will be changing that in mine shortly

Reactions: Polly

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Daft question, does direct throttle response effect mpg in eco mode?

Ps never realized the steering wheel option change, what do people set for the tighter turning ect...?

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Hate to say it but...told ya so haha...ok I love to say that...to the wife anyway...ok you got me I daren't say that to the wife :roflmao:

Glad you got the official confirmation though and will be changing that in mine shortly
Well finally got round to playing with the Carista and have changed the following: -

• Activated off road menu (can see a few extra dials)
  • Turned headlight washer activation to 1000ms (1 second) - can confirm this is how long you have to pull the lever before it activated the headlight wash as expected
  • Changed throttle response to direct (not sure impact yet but will monitor difference)
0 faults detected and everything ready for service when mended.

Nice little app and OSB device for the price.

Worth asking about the beta or is most stuff already on the main pro version now? Don’t think there’s much else for me to change as happy with everything but might have a look at the different dash / infotainment display options unless someone knows what each of the options does (there’s about 8 for each screen (got the digital dash in mine so had two lots of options).

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Yes done that 2500 ms delay and activate after 15 pulls. Do you think the last is a waste of time now with the delay?
--------------------

In my menu for customising the car etc it says

LOCKING SMART KEY [KESSY]
AUTO-LOCK WHEN DOORS ARE CLOSED AND SMART KEY IS OUTSIDE OF VEHICLE disabled.

I have a smart key [KESSY] That is keyless entry. The guy who had one on his golf was different. Just DO NOT LOCK WHEN KEY IS INSIDE CAR he enabled

Has anyone enabled it okay. I am a bit wary.
However saying that my last two RS Meganes had it BRILLIANT as you walked away you hear it lock, lights flashed, alarm set, mirrors folded.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise