Carista App

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Yes done that 2500 ms delay and activate after 15 pulls. Do you think the last is a waste of time now with the delay?
--------------------

In my menu for customising the car etc it says

LOCKING SMART KEY [KESSY]
AUTO-LOCK WHEN DOORS ARE CLOSED AND SMART KEY IS OUTSIDE OF VEHICLE disabled.

I have a smart key [KESSY] That is keyless entry. The guy who had one on his golf was different. Just DO NOT LOCK WHEN KEY IS INSIDE CAR he enabled

Has anyone enabled it okay. I am a bit wary.
However saying that my last two RS Meganes had it BRILLIANT as you walked away you hear it lock, lights flashed, alarm set, mirrors folded.
I tried the headlight washer and have to hold it for 1 second 5 times to get it to activate again after the first wash so if you really needed to activate you’d have to do yours 15 times for 2.5 seconds. They way I use mine the 1second is enough as I just use a few quick splashes rather than one longer one so don’t have the headlights activating all the time now.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Correct me again then.
Even if you just pull the lever for less than a second. Or for me less than 2.5 secs Does the headlamp washers STILL activate the very first time EACH time regardless of delay.
Blast I thought we had stopped that by extending the delay to avoid triggering it.
Andy

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Correct me again then.
Even if you just pull the lever for less than a second. Or for me less than 2.5 secs Does the headlamp washers STILL activate the very first time EACH time regardless of delay.
Blast I thought we had stopped that by extending the delay to avoid triggering it.
Andy
No, sorry if not clear...the first one only happens when you get to the allotted time...so first pull at 1 second or more in my case (if I hold for less than 1 second it doesn’t activate the headlight wash) then after 5 times at 1 second for me or first time at 2.5 for you then 15 times at 2.5 seconds.

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Can someone tell me how to get the display in the dash to carbon? Have got it on the menu but can't for the life of me get it on the dash. Have dev mode on via carista.
Have read through most of this thread and still none the wiser.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Can someone tell me how to get the display in the dash to carbon? Have got it on the menu but can't for the life of me get it on the dash. Have dev mode on via carista.
Sorry mate no idea on that one as I’ve not tried changing the backgrounds yet but I did notice when I looked through the menus that I had two displays I could change so I’m assuming one is infotainment and other is digital dash but not sure there were just two lists of about 8 different types but it just said image 1 image 2 etc so no idea what they are without testing.

Reactions: MATT RILEY

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Have you got the beta version, sure I found it on mine from the beta app last time

Reactions: MATT RILEY

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
No I have just got the free trial and then sub fee. Do I need to sign up to the beta version then?
Many thanks for the comments.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
No I have just got the free trial and then sub fee. Do I need to sign up to the beta version then?
Many thanks for the comments.
theres a link via google or via their site.

All you have to do is plug your bluetooth connect in, connect to carista, menu debug data, send your data collection (could take 15-20 mins) fill the form in with your linked email(make sure its your playstore/apple app store email), then a couple of days later they will email you with instructions on how to get the beta and use it.

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004

All you have to do is plug your bluetooth connect in, connect to carista, menu debug data, send your data collection (could take 15-20 mins) fill the form in with your linked email(make sure its your playstore/apple app store email), then a couple of days later they will email you with instructions on how to get the beta and use it.

Ok thanks for that will do, I do have the option to change the MFD display skin all 7 options but none of them change anything.

Thanks for the info though

Reactions: Wilkesy

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire

I did this for my wifes 2013 Leon FR their response was they are not actively working on the model so there is no need for testing next step is to send them details of my Cupra and see what they say.

Reactions: Ollz and Wilkesy

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Just ordered myself a Carista dongle for an MY20 Cupra. From what I see, the main things useful for coding are auto folding mirrors on lock and alarm beeps for convenience. Anything else worth looking at as a key point?

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Just ordered myself a Carista dongle for an MY20 Cupra. From what I see, the main things useful for coding are auto folding mirrors on lock and alarm beeps for convenience. Anything else worth looking at as a key point?
Can’t you do the wing mirrors from the infotainment...there was a setting on mine for that and they close with the one touch locking without Carista.

I’ve adjusted the throttle to ‘direct’ (although some controversy as to whether this actually does anything) along with adding the off road menu in the infotainment and changing the headlight washer activation settings.

Persoanlly not found much else I wanted to change but there are quite a few options if you’re feeling adventurous.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Recently purchased a Carista dongle to reset oil change reminder, changed the folding mirrors like most people and didn't fancy changing much else tbh. What i was intrigued by is the 'Needle sweep' What does this do exactly?

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Can’t you do the wing mirrors from the infotainment...there was a setting on mine for that and they close with the one touch locking without Carista.

I’ve adjusted the throttle to ‘direct’ (although some controversy as to whether this actually does anything) along with adding the off road menu in the infotainment and changing the headlight washer activation settings.

Persoanlly not found much else I wanted to change but there are quite a few options if you’re feeling adventurous.
I thought the option in the infotainment was fold or not, but you had to hold the lock button to make them fold in if it's on. I want them to fold immediately on locking the car.

Anyway, its here Wednesday so can have a play and see what I can do.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
I meant to ask what's the point of it? Why would you want it to do that?
Just the look isn’t it like other things in life, why people prefer things over other things.

think a reason so that some sports cars do it so it’s a nice feature to have the in an FR

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Just the look isn’t it like other things in life, why people prefer things over other things.

think a reason so that some sports cars do it so it’s a nice feature to have the in an FR

I see so it's just a cosmetic thing. I won't be adapting that to my car then lol

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
I thought the option in the infotainment was fold or not, but you had to hold the lock button to make them fold in if it's on. I want them to fold immediately on locking the car.

Anyway, its here Wednesday so can have a play and see what I can do.
That’s what I thought to begin with but I just short press the lock button once and it does the safe lock thing and fold mirrors...mines 68 facelift so not sure if that has anything to do with it but I’ve not changed anything with Carista for the mirrors...was ex demo though so maybe they played with some of the settings?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.