Cheers BCM - HID's Fitted

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Thanks to BCM and the the link to the ebay guy selling the cheep HID's I have now just fitted them. (6000K) :D

I also fitted Osram Diadem indicator bulbs and LED sidelights (not very bright but match the HID's :( )

I took my time as it is a fiddly job and managed to go without a hitch except for finding someone, either previous owner or garage had cracked and took a chunk out my battery cover :(. The part number is either 1JO 915 435 C or 1JD 915 435?, as it has both numbers on it?:confused: Anyone know the code or how much?

Anyway fiddly bits include drilling and feeding the bulb connectors through the lense cover, the bloody clips that hold the bulb in are tricky to get back on after threading around the light cables [:@]. Deciding where to mount the ballasts but looked at the sticky thread. Also didn't know which spade connector went where on the OE harness, but after another quick
look at the sticky thread all was clear.

One additional thing I noticed about my LCR is that the air feed for the airbox just stops with a short pipe into the open engine bay?:confused:, is this normal?, I would have though another air feed pipe went to the bumper or grill etc..

So here's my mounting point choice for the ballasts.

Ballast1.jpg

Ballast2.jpg

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Here is the cable tidyed up and the in the second pic they are tucked down to left, again cable tied :)

Wiring1.jpg

Wiring2.jpg

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Here is the left side done to compare, then the full set complete.

Lights1.jpg

Lights2.jpg

Took me a little longer than expected, but did clean all the covers I removed and kept nipping in to check on the match :)

Thanks

Allan

PS I had to post like this in sections due to the forum software :lol:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
looks good!
i located my pass side ballast on the back of the plastic covers in front of battery(the centre most one). Can't understand what you and other have attached it to where it is!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Rik on the LCR the bolt sticking out is for the standard air feed. I just whipped the nut off and sandwiched the ballast bracket on.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Nice job! I like you driver side mounting point :clap: Good thinking. I also fitted the same kit today! I went for cable ties round the water bottle, but maybe not for much longer :think: They are sooo bright and for £45 its all good!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Looking good mate. One of the best mods i have done on my car, and would highly recommend it to anyone.
I know what you mean about the air intake pipe. Pathetic isn't it?
Thats why i recently stuck a 89mm direct feed from behind the fog light. made a big difference ;)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Cheers for that Dave, you have confirmed what I thought about the intake. I was thinking something had fell off :lol:
It'll do for now unitl I either add a direct feed or go the BMC route.

As all have said, hell of a mod for under £50.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Like all the description, thanks. Can you give me the link from ebay or the seller please?

Ebay seller is diane-shop
Great seller/feedback and ships quickly. Although with all the strikes on the moment they might be delayed [:@]

H7 - 6000K kit is all you need. Supposed to be an 18 month warranty with them. Not sure about sending them back but he also sells spare bulbs and other H1/fog kits etc..

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Ebay seller is diane-shop
Great seller/feedback and ships quickly. Although with all the strikes on the moment they might be delayed [:@]

H7 - 6000K kit is all you need. Supposed to be an 18 month warranty with them. Not sure about sending them back but he also sells spare bulbs and other H1/fog kits etc..

thanks r6 the only prob like you said is the warranty! Hong Kong is a long way off but the price is very good, and from your pics they look excellent. Are you happy with the product? I was swinging towards these http://www.mydepots.com/index.php?c...oads=0&zenid=6e26cac3e9a8d01de9fd3da5f3616d96

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The kit and wiring seems to be very good, everything you need is in the box. I did use some smaller zip ties I had and some sticky backed foam to stop and rest the ballast on the bodywork. Maybe overkill but will cushion them if they move. I aint too fussed about the warranty really. I have paid £20 odd in the past for a decent set of standard bulbs so if they last me a year I'll be happy. The bulbs are cheap to get a second set. If the ballasts go, well I'll just not use that seller again :lol:. If your worried, get the my depots kit but at least you can see the results of these and others that have fitted the same. Time will tell.

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
Aye wouldnt mind a pic of these in the dark. Any one else got experience with these? only concern would be damn thing catching fire

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
I also got my HID's from diane-shop on Ebay, £46 well spent! I think one of my bulbs is slightly bluer on one side, only really notice it when looking head on into the beem (not advisable) [B)]

Here's a quick pic i took on my phone

Photo-0016Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise