Choco's Obnoxious Blue 1.2 S.

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
that does look good, you do have an eye for what i can only describe as interior design, given me the prod to do it with my new fascia when it turns up, i'll end up colour coding it with the silver flash on the dashboard.

you thought about getting the facelifted steering wheel and painting the cubby hole?? would really finish off the interior look nicely

keep up the good work.

Left the cubby hole unpainted, didn't think it would have much visual impact for the effort, and the paint would get constantly scratched by me hoarding things in it! But mainly because I liked the contrast of it being black against the silver fascia.

Thought of getting a steering wheel - however, again, I don't think it'd have much impact for the cost - I mean, how much would one cost? And how hard is it to wire up the steering-wheel controls? And another thing of course is that I wouldn't like the silver to then turn out to be a different shade of silver to the fascia, because that definitely wouldn't look very good. Was thinking of getting a Polo GTI steering wheel, if anything. Something to think about, I suppose.

Good luck with the painting yourself - it shouldn't be too hard if you've done it before, and it does look pretty good in my opinion. What do you mean when it turns up?

Thanks for the feedback, mate. I appreciate it. What do you think of the doorcards? I'm sure you saw some people here saying I should dye them black - what do you think? Is it better to leave them grey, but not fitting into the black, white and chrome scheme, or recolour them black, leaving me with quite dull and monotonous doors?

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
About £30 delivered from Sere Motors.

Just washed and polished my car. Want to see some beauty shots? :D

IMG_0383.png

IMG_0379.png

IMG_0381.png

Mmmm, shiny.

EDIT : Oh wow. The twirl thing went horribly wrong on the bonnet.

ah mate, that looks cracking. really nice shots there, the interior looks so much nicer all together. just need the door cards to match heh

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Left the cubby hole unpainted, didn't think it would have much visual impact for the effort, and the paint would get constantly scratched by me hoarding things in it! But mainly because I liked the contrast of it being black against the silver fascia.

Thought of getting a steering wheel - however, again, I don't think it'd have much impact for the cost - I mean, how much would one cost? And how hard is it to wire up the steering-wheel controls? And another thing of course is that I wouldn't like the silver to then turn out to be a different shade of silver to the fascia, because that definitely wouldn't look very good. Was thinking of getting a Polo GTI steering wheel, if anything. Something to think about, I suppose.

Good luck with the painting yourself - it shouldn't be too hard if you've done it before, and it does look pretty good in my opinion. What do you mean when it turns up?

Thanks for the feedback, mate. I appreciate it. What do you think of the doorcards? I'm sure you saw some people here saying I should dye them black - what do you think? Is it better to leave them grey, but not fitting into the black, white and chrome scheme, or recolour them black, leaving me with quite dull and monotonous doors?

mine someone got a crack in it :confused: dont know how, why or even when, i think it was when i went over a big pot hole, thankfully only £11 delivered for a replacement.

the wheel, you'd have to get the right one, to get one with wheel mounted controls would be far to expensive and not worth it as it would almost certainly require a new control unit which i believe (techie please correct me here) is around £300 by itself, however, i have seen a number of cars with the facelifted wheels that havent got the wheel mounted controls, just the new better looking and more comfy design, in fact i believe this is the baby, just will require the airbag:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-IBIZA-1-..._CarParts_SM?hash=item1e58d237ec#ht_500wt_749

If it was me, the door cards would go silver (different to everybody i know). reason being your seats are mainly black with silver stitching, dash is black, doors are black, you have flashes of silver/chrome around the interior so would tie in nicely with the theme you have going on.

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
mine someone got a crack in it :confused: dont know how, why or even when, i think it was when i went over a big pot hole, thankfully only £11 delivered for a replacement.

the wheel, you'd have to get the right one, to get one with wheel mounted controls would be far to expensive and not worth it as it would almost certainly require a new control unit which i believe (techie please correct me here) is around £300 by itself, however, i have seen a number of cars with the facelifted wheels that havent got the wheel mounted controls, just the new better looking and more comfy design, in fact i believe this is the baby, just will require the airbag:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-IBIZA-1-..._CarParts_SM?hash=item1e58d237ec#ht_500wt_749

If it was me, the door cards would go silver (different to everybody i know). reason being your seats are mainly black with silver stitching, dash is black, doors are black, you have flashes of silver/chrome around the interior so would tie in nicely with the theme you have going on.

Hm. I'll leave the steering wheel for now, I reckon! I was thinking of silver/white doorcards myself, I'm just worried about them getting dirty.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Hm. I'll leave the steering wheel for now, I reckon! I was thinking of silver/white doorcards myself, I'm just worried about them getting dirty.

I think it would be worth the sacrifice, the grey does look out of place and your right the black would look to drab so white/silver imo would be the best option

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
looking good,i have already painted my vents and dial surrounds silver so might do the center dash like youve done now as it looks good:)

nice colour car btw didnt realise our colour was so rare:funk:

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Okay guys, finally got my Beethy's trick mod in.

A brand-spanking-new (near enough, anyway) MkV Ibiza Cupra interior, courtesy of Mr. Ibizaracebrake!

Not much to say in this post, I simply removed the old seats, and replaced them with the new ones! Rather interestingly, the new Ibiza has the exact same seating and fitting arrangement as the older MkIV, despite being based on a new platform!

02042010787.jpg

Gave the car a good old clean while the seats were out, as well.

Here are the rears, fitted.
02042010790.jpg

And of course, the lovely, lovely fronts!
02042010793.jpg

This was a group effort with help from some members on here, so thanks a lot guys!

well done! they look far better in your car than mine. must be only MK4 on the planet with this interior. still can't believe they went in so easily, MK5 owners beware!:D

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
ditch the chrome vent surrounds mate, the ones on the front of the car, chrome looks cheap and gash imo, each to there own i guess

Nah, I'm not into the whole blacking out all the chrome trim thing a lot of you here are into. It's a small hatchback in a bright,but non-flurescent (think Lambo green) colour, after all - not a black-on-black autobahn missile. All the car enthusiasts I've met outside of these forums who aren't into niche looks think they're an improvement on the original, too. I know exactly what you mean, but I like it this way, but thanks for the feedback! :happy:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Nah, I'm not into the whole blacking out all the chrome trim thing a lot of you here are into. It's a small hatchback in a bright,but non-flurescent (think Lambo green) colour, after all - not a black-on-black autobahn missile. All the car enthusiasts I've met outside of these forums who aren't into niche looks think they're an improvement on the original, too. I know exactly what you mean, but I like it this way, but thanks for the feedback! :happy:

same with me lad. love the chrome myself even though its not that popular on here. will have all my chrome fitted this summer incl wing mirror covers and lookin for chrome style alloys!! keep the car the way it is lad. looks unreal. :D

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007

agreed, going for the silver look myself as its cheaper to paint iot all meself:pbut chrome would be fine:).

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
agreed, going for the silver look myself as its cheaper to paint iot all meself:pbut chrome would be fine:).

That'll look very interesting, I'd love to see it when it's done! You'd be the first, surely?

same with me lad. love the chrome myself even though its not that popular on here. will have all my chrome fitted this summer incl wing mirror covers and lookin for chrome style alloys!! keep the car the way it is lad. looks unreal. :D

Thanks mate. Chrome rims are a bit too much for me personally - I like my subtlety - but I'd have to see it when it's finished, might work better on the Beethy than on the Corsas in South London! I was looking at chrome mirrors myself at one point - a bit of an Audi S3 look - but decided I now want glossy black instead, again, because I like my subtlety! But I'd love to see the chrome mirrors implemented.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
That'll look very interesting, I'd love to see it when it's done! You'd be the first, surely?

Thanks mate. Chrome rims are a bit too much for me personally - I like my subtlety - but I'd have to see it when it's finished, might work better on the Beethy than on the Corsas in South London! I was looking at chrome mirrors myself at one point - a bit of an Audi S3 look - but decided I now want glossy black instead, again, because I like my subtlety! But I'd love to see the chrome mirrors implemented.

i already have them bought but im not fitting them til summer. and im not going for completely chrome alloys like tt comps but you will know what i mean when you see them.;)

sorry, hijacking your page. cupra mirror covers are gloss black and only about £20 from seremotors i think.:funk:

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
i already have them bought but im not fitting them til summer. and im not going for completely chrome alloys like tt comps but you will know what i mean when you see them.;)

sorry, hijacking your page. cupra mirror covers are gloss black and only about £20 from seremotors i think.:funk:

No worries man. The TT comps are lush, I love them to bits. My mum used to have a TT, I was always eyeing up her car for parts I could nab off it, and the wheels were definitely on my wishlist! I remember looking up black mirrors from a dealer - I think they quoted me some kind of obscene price, otherwise I'd have had them by now! :D

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
Small update, guys.
I was just playing around with my Tomtom - I'm planning to integrate one into the dash for my next car, whenever that will be - and so decided to practice modding this cheaper one, in preparation for the real deal. First off was an easy mod - I changed the splash screen that appears when I turn the device on.
07052010870.jpg

Pretty neat, huh? :p