Choco's Obnoxious Blue 1.2 S.

L14M_T

THE JOYS OF A 1200cc
Jan 14, 2009
RCT, South Wales
about painting the fabric on the door/quarter cards you can buy black dye in a aerosol can from autoglym my valeter at work used it on footwells and boot mats if they've faded slightly or wont come clean works brilliantly, and doesnt make the meterial go still like spray paint would. Ive thought about doing my headlining and door/quarter cards with it.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Not for me, thanks :D I don't quite see where cream fits in there!

EDIT : Maybe you meant to go with the stitching? Don't trust the pictures, it's the compression! The stitching's white, in fact. And I'd hate to think about how dirty seatbelts would become before long!

Yeah the stitching looks cream! Anyway next idea could be spraying wing mirror covers blue? Same principal as your facia :)

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
look awesome mate, well surprised that the rear seats fitted in. differnt chassis's and they still fit, brilliant

Actually the MK5 has a modified MK4 chassis, perfect for changing the seats. These would look pretty nice in your car, especially with the cupra look

Really want these seats in my life :) I think i'll wait til I get an FR first though

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
So I pointed you in Pauls direction to buy the seats and told you they would fit right?

Ill take a virtual pint for that ;)

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
Next up is the lower FR grille kit, the trademark VW honeycomb grille being one of my favorite automotive details, I had to have it on my little Ibiza!

27032010761-001.jpg

My first problem straight away (nothing's ever easy!) was the fact that I don't have foglights, and I wasn't intending to get them. The holes for the foglights had to be filled.
How could I go about doing this? Something to think about later.

I couldn't be bothered to remove the front bumper to clip out the grille, as I've heard some people do. Instead, I just thought "YOU C*****************************NT!!!!!!!!!!!!" and ripped it out straight, knowing that I wouldn't need it for anything, anyway.
28032010771.jpg

Next up was thinking about something to fill the holes with. My first thought was the original foglight covers on the grille I had ripped out, so I cut some plastic squares out of them.

However, the foglight holes in the new grille weren't curved, as I had thought. So I had to think of some other material to fill them with!
29032010774.jpg

So I butchered some DVD boxes! :D
04042010797.jpg

I had tried a few types of SUPER glue (like the proper ones that you mix), but none held except for Plastic Padding 'Super Steel', available from Halfords. After my first experiences with other glues, I knew I'd have to reinforce the covers, so they wouldn't break off under air pressure at motorway speeds!

Fibreglassing it may have been a little overboard, but I'd rather be safe, and know that the covers are sitting on solidly.
02042010794.jpg

I next primed the fibreglassed covers, so they wouldn't stick out too much when viewed.
(Don't have a picture of this, though)

The grilles then clipped in nice and easy. I don't miss the foglights at all!
29032010776.jpg

04042010796.jpg

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
did the standard seats just bolt out? and are the subframes welded to the seat or bolted? i have some cobra bucket seats but im dreading the day i have to put them in :shrug:

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
did the standard seats just bolt out? and are the subframes welded to the seat or bolted? i have some cobra bucket seats but im dreading the day i have to put them in :shrug:

Yes, there are four spline bolts, one at each end of the rails, that you need to undo in order to remove the seats. It appears as though the seats themselves are bolted onto the subframes. I'd love to see how this goes!

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
Yes, there are four spline bolts, one at each end of the rails, that you need to undo in order to remove the seats. It appears as though the seats themselves are bolted onto the subframes. I'd love to see how this goes!

if theyre bolted on then its a win win situation for me haha :D them new seats you have in look ace! :)

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
Thanks very much! I'm looking forwards to your Cobra conversion! What seats are they, do you plan to remove the rear ones as well?

not to sure what model they are i will get a photo later :) yeah the rear ones are coming out tomorrow and ive got some fabric to fix down in the back so it looks the propper part and not some rushed job :)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The seat base and runners are part of the seats. To fit aftermarket seat you need baseframes.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.