Clutch prices . . .Leon Cupra TDi

magicoi

Aug 31, 2007
Lincolnshire
Im asking here as its too latetoday to ring a dealer / garage to check out prices for a replacement clutch as mines slipping. Getting worse and needs doing sooner rather than later

Im toying with the idea of uprates Sachs job and then geting a map but im not sure i really have the money! However .....

Has anyone had a standard clutch fitted recently that can give me a price charged?

Im by Peterborough if theres any garages/tuners suggested - I know about Jabba, they arent too far from me! I really want to kow about standard clutch prices though here!

Thanks

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
eurocarparts do a standard oem sachs clutch and flywheel kit for £360 to suit the 130pd so i would have thought its the same for yours

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Jabba are pretty well respected with Seat (and on Briskoda.net) owners and they do the uprated Sachs clutches. Add £250 for a DMF (roughly) and take your choice really.

I'm not 100% sure about the PD130 cars but I think I would be right in saying that they can take a remap on the OE clutch better than the PD150 cars as the torque is just that bit lower and slightly more clutch friendly. Anything more than the remap and you'll not have the standard clutch in it for long before it'll slip. Rather than paying for the labour twice, I'd go for the uprated clutch to begin with. It feels pretty much OEM to me (slightly stiffer but not very much) but costs quite a bit more. You can probably replace the fly-wheel only if the current one is knackered or badly worn if you order one up and take it back unused for a refund. (I bit the bullet and did clutch, release bearing and DMF - £740 + labour).

magicoi

Aug 31, 2007
Lincolnshire
Thanks S3,

So, Viking, is that essentially an OE kit then or uprate at all? Would that be all i need aside a release bearing ?

cheers

magicoi

Aug 31, 2007
Lincolnshire
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.