coilovers for mk2 ibiza 2.0 16v

pete-marshall

think you'll struggle to drop the car 100mm! cheapest you'll find is on ebay

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
if you're clever though you'll know polo ones don't work properly, physically they'll fit, but not work as a suspenson unit should

mk3 golf GTI front shocks and springs (same engine)
mk4 polo rear shocks and springs

What would I do about ordering them for my 1.4?? Just do the same and ask for golf gti front shocks and springs and polo rears.

I find that Raceland offers an excellent compromise between price / quality / comfort / behavior!

I bought them brand new on eBay with German TüV certificate (quality security) and ratification for the Belgian inspection

I am very satisfied with it, obviously it is harder than of origin, but that stays very well! Very softer than V-Maxx for example...

Here they are:

1219151151.jpg

1220543874.jpg

And for the look:

With H&R -30 mm Springs that i had before (with standard shock absorbers, it was not so good at all):

1213100679.jpg

With Coilovers:

dsc01466bi6.jpg

Now Im undecided whether to get a set of Ta Technix coilovers or go for the Raceland ones. I was looking at those Raceland ones the other month.

Aguilo

Belgian Beer
Jan 10, 2009
Belgium (Liège)
No worries dude, we will discuss this further over a cold beer at the international seat meet later in the year. :clap:

No problem fellow, we shall be with the Belgian forum Seat there!

Mine is lowered by 85 mm and there is still 30-40 mm of threading on shock absorbers...

At least, charg if you do not want to invest too much money in this equipment, raceland is very well :clap:

cupra103

May 4, 2008
Richmond, NSW Australia
I didn't know they had beeza's in Australia :eek:

Seat was sold in Australia throughout the 90s but were over priced for what you got & the Spanish background was a big unknown with to many model choices, at the same time vw in oz lost their way a little against all the jap opposition.

Seat tried one last push in 98-99 with limited model selection which resulted in just 52 Ibiza Cupra 16v being imported before Seat shutup shop.

I just happen to have one of the last which I've had since new.

Phil

Aguilo

Belgian Beer
Jan 10, 2009
Belgium (Liège)
You are a lucky guy man! ;)

I'd like to ride in a country where people do not know this car, it is funny that they look at you bizarrely not?

And what do you think of about comfort and road holding of Raceland coilovers?

cupra103

May 4, 2008
Richmond, NSW Australia
You are a lucky guy man! ;)

I'd like to ride in a country where people do not know this car, it is funny that they look at you bizarrely not?

And what do you think of about comfort and road holding of Raceland coilovers?

It's great having something different, the vw guys here welcome you with open arms which is great. The only problem with a car like this here is parts that are just for the ibiza.

Most people don't know what it is & evan more so now that I've debadged the front.

I'm very happy with the coilovers, it is firm but the look is what I was after & the handling has improved out of sight. The one thing you need to do is lower the car enough so that the hieght keeper springs are not fully compressed other wise the ride is very harsh & not really practical for day to day driving, plus the lower you go the better it looks!

Phil

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise