Colour coding front S badge

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Been considering colour coding my front and rear S badges but can't decide on what colour to do the front one. Do i paint it black or red, i quite like the black to blend in with the front grille but quite like the idea of doing it red to match the body work but i've not seen any like it and don't know if it would look tacky. So what do you think and does anyone have any pics?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
i like the idea of this

blackandred.jpg

blackandred.jpg

Last edited:

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
I like my silver badges but have recently been toying with the idea of black, or carbon effect.
Rather than paint why not try sticky back vinyl ? With a bit of care and a sharp scalpel you could get similar results and if you dont like it just peel it off. Thats what I'm going to try.

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
I like my silver badges but have recently been toying with the idea of black, or carbon effect.
Rather than paint why not try sticky back vinyl ? With a bit of care and a sharp scalpel you could get similar results and if you dont like it just peel it off. Thats what I'm going to try.

I was actually considering buying some carbon fibre sheets but wasn't to sure.

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
That's exactly what I want to do, change the black outline of the S for red!

As if someone's already thought of it and/or done it!

What would be ace (in an ideal world) would be to make the outline slightly transparent red and put a dim LED behind the badge, so it glows a bit.... but glowing colours has been made tacky by people/chavs with poor mods :(

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
i posted in here and mine has been took off .. hmmm

again

i sprayed mine gloss black with yellow speckles.. came out good
im getting my rocker cover powdercoated orange next week so may repaint my s badge orange aswell as a few other bits

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Thanks lads, i really like the way it stands out. Everyone knows its you aswell, but sometimes that can be a bad thing aswell. lol.

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
cheers, it was worth the hassle. need to dothe back tho.

R@B this is a must do mod (personal opinion), just make sure everything is 100% dry before fitting it back.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.