Colour coding front S badge

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Cheers everyone for pictures and opinions. Head-up that is really smart and stands out alot, it's exactly what i was looking for only i would do mine in the red to match my body work.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Out of interest how is the old removed mines pitted and looking 5h1te!

You mean once you've painted it and it starts getting stonechipped? Or is the standard one pitted?

Either way I'd take a dremel to it, but only because that's all I have to do it with, there are probaly better ways to do it.

When I painted mine I sat there sanding it for ages, but it was taking so long I dremeled it in the end. I wouldn't recommend going past the chrome layer though, the plastic is quite soft underneath and as a result mine's not perfect. As with all painting jobs, preparation is everything.

lol looking back I doubt that answers your question!

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Removal is key, it's not that hard. The only problem I had is that after you paint it the 'S' gets scratched when you push it back into place. Even after sanding it down to fit, it still scratched the paint a little. I've touched it up but need to lacquer it again.
When I did the rear one I took the boot handle out but it got late and I had to put it back in so no-one nicked my car! Ended up masking it off and just spraying it on the car but I think it was just as easy taking it out as it was masking inside the 'S'.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
just finished spraying and fitting my s badge.
here is some pics, by the way the camera is poo as im using a loan fone lol
image0002w.jpg

image0003k.jpg

so what do you all think?

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Emdee liking the badge is that just painted ?

yup, just a bit of paint

That looks really good EmDee, How hard was that to do?

Cheers, yeah you take it all off and take it apart (careful with the plastic bits inside the S they can snap easily), then sand the S down about as far as the coats of paint are going to be thick if that makes sense (get rid of the chrome). Prep is key to any painting job.

Basically it's dead easy but when you paint it the parts get about 1/2mm bigger so then when you go to put it back together they might not fit as nicely.

Once you've put it all back together give it all a good clear coat so it doesn't get too stonechipped.

vw-aj

Jun 9, 2011
Mine are black, have a look in my RR thread, cant get onto photobucket at work.

karlgibbons

mk1 badge removal.

Hey guys I have a mk1 seat leon black. Cant seam to remove the front grill to do this to the badge.
I have not the cupra just 1.4 53 plate. Can anyone help all I can see is one philips screw in the centre top of the grill ????
Thanks in advance