Comfort rear wiper...

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I was bored today and thought I would go out to the car and play a little bit more with VAG-COM because you learn more each time you use it.

I have a long list of various functions and stuff and just trying them out to see which ones work with the Ibiza MK4 and which ones don't etc ... I managed to get the "Comfort Rear Wiper" working.

What is comfort rear wiper? Basically if you are driving the car with the front wipers on, if you select reverse gear it will wipe your rear screen for you - the car assumes if you have your front wipers on that it's raining and is probably going to be wet - so gives it a courtesy wipe for you. This may be cool to some, and annoying for others - I'm going to give it a chance now that we are coming into winter.

This "mod" comes as standard on the Fabia models and beleive it or not it came as standard on my 2004 Corsa too ... so I thought I'd give it a bash and it's now working on my 2003 Sport TDI 130.

Here is now to do it, turn the cars ignition on and wire up your cable and start the VAG-COM software... from the main VAG-COM screen go for "Select control module" and on the next screen select "09-Cent. Elect." it will then connect to your cars central electronics menu and you then want to select "Coding" at this point you have two editable fields... the one we are editing is the software coding one. The original code on mines was 00140 ... do add the comfort wipe function I added 8192 to that, so changed the code to 08332 and clicked "Do It!" At this point I clicked "Coding" again to make sure that it had changed. Basically take the key and cable out - start the engine and put your front wipers on and then select reverse gear - the wiper should come on.

Let me know if anyone here does it and what model you done it on, I can't find the guide anywhere else so this should work for Polo MK6 and if you want to disable it on Fabia's I guess you just removed 8192 from the current software coding.

Cheers, Chris. :)

DazWood

W60DY D
Mar 30, 2008
Hartlepool
Sounds good mate, for me it would be entertaining for a couple of weeks, then id probs get board of it. but let us know how it goes

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Its a standard thing on the Leon MKII and I find it quite handy as Chris said that it assumes since that you have the front wipers on that its raining and gives you a courtesy wipe of the rear windscreen.
Now if only they can get Ford to allow them to have heated front windscreens......
Alex

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I'd do it if I was closer to you.

Damn the Leon's... they have everything... keys that can close windows etc. :(

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
I'd do it if I was closer to you.

Damn the Leon's... they have everything... keys that can close windows etc. :(

thanks for the offer.....next time im in scotland seeing my sister ill give you a call:lol:

if you stick the key in the door lock and hold it in the lock/unlock position it does the windows!

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Yeah, but the last time I was out with both Alex & Chris with their MK2 Leon and Audi A4 they stood miles away and made me feel like a right fud because I had to hold my key in the lock.

:lol:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Yeah, but the last time I was out with both Alex & Chris with their MK2 Leon and Audi A4 they stood miles away and made me feel like a right fud because I had to hold my key in the lock.

:lol:

i think you can change to comfort moduel on your as its a earlier one and then you can get it to!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I had Ford stuff. :lol: It's a pain in the arse cos sometimes you have the front wipers on but the rear screen is dry. Then it screeches across the back screen continuously! [:@]

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Sounds good and could be handy at times! VAG.COM thing sounds interesting. Is there lots of stuff you can do to your car using it? The guy told me if i'm selling my car i can turn my remap of using it if i wanted and gave me a code.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Nope, a little thing called a kvw100, costs about 25 quid and is plug n play, google it

AFAIK vag-com can't enable this

So does it have to be plugged in all the time? Or do you just not use it once you've done it?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I was bored today and thought I would go out to the car and play a little bit more with VAG-COM because you learn more each time you use it.

I have a long list of various functions and stuff and just trying them out to see which ones work with the Ibiza MK4 and which ones don't etc ... I managed to get the "Comfort Rear Wiper" working.

What is comfort rear wiper? Basically if you are driving the car with the front wipers on, if you select reverse gear it will wipe your rear screen for you - the car assumes if you have your front wipers on that it's raining and is probably going to be wet - so gives it a courtesy wipe for you. This may be cool to some, and annoying for others - I'm going to give it a chance now that we are coming into winter.

This "mod" comes as standard on the Fabia models and beleive it or not it came as standard on my 2004 Corsa too ... so I thought I'd give it a bash and it's now working on my 2003 Sport TDI 130.

Let me know if anyone here does it and what model you done it on, I can't find the guide anywhere else so this should work for Polo MK6 and if you want to disable it on Fabia's I guess you just removed 8192 from the current software coding.

Cheers, Chris. :)

I'm afraid the MK6 Polo does have that function enabled as standard, well SE has anyway.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members