Considering Oil Catch Can on Cupra300 Stage3 project...

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
Hi up, guys!!!

My local tuner adviced me to install occ due to the higher requirementes on my further mods to Stage3. What i would like is to know your experiences, pros and cons, technical issues... Someone loves it, so other hates...

Keeping engine top cover is a Must, and as far as i see, APR keeps it. But i have Forge Carbon full intake, so dont know if compatible.

Regards!!!

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
With a higher state of tune you get more oil through the crankcase breathers. You reach a stage where the normal, burning the oil via the inlet manifold wont work and the oil condenses out, sticks to the inlet tubes, pools in some cases and oil, being a rather dirty burn, builds up as carbon deposits in the hot bits of the engine, valves and PCV in the main.

I think the only cons are the install and mods and emptying the can. You'd want a kit for your car, or have it installed.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi up, guys!!!

My local tuner adviced me to install occ due to the higher requirementes on my further mods to Stage3. What i would like is to know your experiences, pros and cons, technical issues... Someone loves it, so other hates...

Keeping engine top cover is a Must, and as far as i see, APR keeps it. But i have Forge Carbon full intake, so dont know if compatible.

Regards!!!

This (see @andylong's reply below)...

With a higher state of tune you get more oil through the crankcase breathers. You reach a stage where the normal, burning the oil via the inlet manifold wont work and the oil condenses out, sticks to the inlet tubes, pools in some cases and oil, being a rather dirty burn, builds up as carbon deposits in the hot bits of the engine, valves and PCV in the main.

I think the only cons are the install and mods and emptying the can. You'd want a kit for your car, or have it installed.

And this is the result of the oil pooling...

1620202772085.png

...which is why a number of solutions (Racingline for example) don't just offer an oil catch can but an updated engine breather plate. However, they're not cheap...

Racingline:

Last edited:

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
Ok guys. So most of pros and no issues known by the moment. Cool. So just ordered! Seat Sport has a kit that sell through their own sport department, but as far as i know is sooo simillar to VWR and quite pricey.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.