COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Still waiting for delivery of mine, but is quite obviously the easier option.

Did you ever get this? One thing i dont understand is it say there is a 'one touch' and 'hold on' version depending on car.

The Leon is classed as 'one touch', does this mean the windows will go up/down when you lock/unlock the car?

Also, anyone tried these door alarm LEDS? http://www.vagproducts.co.uk/led.html

Jille

As far as I know, no-one has succeeded yet in emulating a port in Windows and getting it to work with VDS Pro...

But you can always try to connect when using VMWare. I don't think anyone has tried it yet. Just trying to connect won't break anything. Just remember to write things down, in case you succeed ;)

Jille

I don't think it's the VAG-COM cables that don't work, it's all in the software... the (serial)cables allow for flawless interaction with VDS Pro, it's just that USB and DOS don't go hand in hand together...

paradigm

I hate the orange game!
That isn't it at all.

Within windows, the USB cable is seen as a COM (serial) port anyway, so as far as any software is concerned, it IS a COM port.

Secondly, running VDS PRO from within a Virtual Machine, with its COM1 mapped to the hosts emulated COM port (the USB cable), would mean that the virtual machine just sees "COM1". No USB drivers, no nothing.

The cable is the problem, not the software, nor the implementation thereof.

Jille

Then why does my serial vagcom cable work correctly with vds-pro?
I think it's the emulation of the comport that's causing the problems... the USB cable uses USB-to-COM drivers... which are faking a COM port.

Jille

yes, but the emulation drivers are running in the OS that you use to run VMWare in... aren't they?

Then the hierarchy is like this:

Windows XP with cable-drivers
VMWare (running in Windows)
DOS image (running in VMWare)

So it is truly a COM port in DOS, but it's still an emulation.
The cable suits the ISO-standard so that shouldn't be the problem...

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
can anyone extract the files from the ISO image? If i can get the files i can change keyboard layout and possibly get a DOS driver to work ive tried 3 programs and simply cant access the files.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members