Coolant LIGHT keeps coming ON

justpiter

Hi,

2003 Ibiza 1.9TDI 130BHP

Well that's my annoying problem - coolant indicator light comes on everyday (RED LIGHT)
I checked coolant level, it's fine, not too low or not too high.

I changed a coolant temperature sensor and nothing... it still keeps coming back!!!

The car is not overheating or anything, it works exactly as it used to...
temperature gauge sits normally at 90 degrees spot on.

I checked it also with VAG-COM and it's not returning ANY ERROR CODES...

Proper weird and unbelievably annoying!!!

Anyone had a similar problem, any suggestions please??

justpiter

i'll try to clean the prongs that sit in the expansion bottle, see if that works!

i changed a temp. sensor and that didn't help!

my fuel gauge is playin up as well... just to make things even more exciting!

now i'm thinking maybe it is an instrument panel after all? :-/

Kev07

kev
Feb 14, 2011
aberdeen
Sounds like your cluster mate maybe some wires have rubbed through cozbuts a but werid how ur fuel gauge And ur coolant light r playing up

tl22

Sep 21, 2010
Canterbury, Kent.
i have this problem also.
I resoldered my fuel guage and temp pins to geth them working. Put the clocks back in and all was fine...
...for a week, anyway!
I don't know what to do.
the fuel and temp display both dissapeared and then the coolant flashing, beeping light came on. It now does this everyday too.
Should i have a go at resoldering the pins again to get the fuel and temp display back up or not?
Should i also buy a new coolant sensor to stop that beeping etc as the display is fine and sits comfortably at 90oC.
any help please guys/ girls.
Cheers,
Tom.

barney501

1/4 mile - 14.75 @ 92.84
Oct 8, 2009
Bath
I havent got this trouble as mine dosent have a sensor!! Bloke that fits them couldnt have been in that day lol. Got the place where the sensor would clip onto on the header tank but no wires!! Good luck in fixing it though bud.

tl22

Sep 21, 2010
Canterbury, Kent.
i'm yet to find an ibiza with the sensor in the header tank. i'm pretty sure the sensor is behind the engine, near the turbo. Feel freee to correct me someone, it's just what i heard.
Does anybody know if it would harm anything if i were to resolder all the pins in the clocks? I know they can't touch, obviously but thought since im resoldering one pin AGAIN, i may as well do all the others, so everything may work for once! Ha ha.
Tom.

Kev07

kev
Feb 14, 2011
aberdeen
I would leave the rest if they r ok there's no real point if they r ok bud that's just me. Hope all goes well.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.