coolant temperature problems

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Hello

I have some problems with my coolant temperature readings. Looks like it takes a lot of time to reach 90C. Then after some time it can go below 90 (about 80) and stay there for long, even during journey. Also i have quite bad MPG results. As i have read on this forum it might be temperature sensor or thermostat, am I right? Vagcom shows nothing.

Does anyone know part numbers for AUQ engine?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
how do you mean vag com shows nothing? change your sensor first, they are quite common to go.

genuine parts only though.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I first had the dodgy gauge so i replaced the sender.
The temp was still only getting to 75 deg (via a scangauge/DM200 i have) so i had the thermostat replaced.
Holds 90 deg perfectly and my MPG as got better :)

Thermostat was about £5 from halfords with the seal
(might be more than that for you, i have trade club)
This might help :)

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210977&highlight=thermostat

Last edited:

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Thank you very much for help guys. I was really worried abbout my MPG :D. It actually uses now same amount of fuel as my mates subaru, and he is making fun of me saying that i should have bought impreza instead :D.

CLICK

Will that temperature sensor fit AUQ engine? Advert doesnt say anything about engines so i guess the sensor is same in all.

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
OFF topic

Lee when i see your signature im tempted to put into mine

Robert Kubica - Future F1 World champion :D

haha

Cheers !

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
ooops during exchange of sensor i broke plastic horseshoe which holds it. I hope i can get it somewhere :S

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
I have only one - broken now.

found part number - 032-121-142

only halfrauds open now, wonder if they got it.

Last edited:

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
Just done this on mine, what a pain, just make sure you pay the extra couple of quid for a seat part, i got one from a motor factors and they supplied the wrong seal, one day later and a proper part, i got the thing full of coolant again. I should still have my old clip somewhere, if i can find it il send it you if you like, thats if you havnt already got one.

Edit, got the clip here on my desk. PM me as i will only get chance to check my emails quickly tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members