Cruise Control Fitted at last.....

Tdi 110

Toledo 20VT Sport
Oct 8, 2001
Hoddesdon, Herts
Visit site
Well, I got me cruise control fitted on Saturday, not too bad a job.

It took me 3 hours 45 mins from start to finish, although if I was to do it again I think I could reduce this to 2 and a half hours due to a few problems that I am now aware of.

1. Spending 30 mins trying to remove a plug from the fuse box is pointless unless you click the locking mechanism accross...Doh!!!

2. The Airbag took 20 mins to remove, yet its only a 30 second job once you've seen where the lugs are.....its just you can't see them until you've taken it off!!!! At least I know for next time.

3. The Haynes manual type explanation "push plug socket down under dash, and connect wires" should have read "remove lower dash panel, remove relay holder, remove some other bits, push socket down using gloves so you don't make your fingers soor, and then lay on you back in drivers foot-well with a torch in you mouth and stuggle to connect wires"....... Again, next time I could save 20-30 mins on this.

So there you go...... if any TDi owners want cruise control, and you live somewhere near Herfordshire, Derbyshire, or somewhere between the 2, I'll be happy to supply and fit the kit for an agreeable sum to a Leon, Toledo, Octavia, Golf, Bora or A3.......:D

Gnig

Neil,

Interested in getting my Leon fitted with cruise. Can you advise what sort of cost for the kit?..

Graham

095mgt

Could you share here the information?
I´m interested too, since i know, it was not available as an option, here in Portugal.

slim_boy_fat

Nice one, it took me 50mins to fit it to my wifes Golf. 20 of those was trying to find the plug amoungst all the wiring at the fuse box!!

I sent away to Spain to get all the bits cost £70 for everything, wiring plugs, stalk. Took about 30mins to make up the loom.

Straight to the dealer onto the VAG COM and £15 later i had operational cruise. ;)

Wating to get it for the Ibiza now..

Tdi 110

Toledo 20VT Sport
Oct 8, 2001
Hoddesdon, Herts
Visit site
Originally posted by slim_boy_fat
Nice one, it took me 50mins to fit it to my wifes Golf. 20 of those was trying to find the plug amoungst all the wiring at the fuse box!!

I sent away to Spain to get all the bits cost £70 for everything, wiring plugs, stalk. Took about 30mins to make up the loom.

Straight to the dealer onto the VAG COM and £15 later i had operational cruise. ;)

Wating to get it for the Ibiza now..

I paid £54 from a VW dealer in St.Albans.... it's a std kit for Golf/Bora Mk4 models...

Price inc. new stalk and wiring loom.

blackhandcupra

would that do my 150 cupra diesel as well £54 seems like a bargain?

cheers

Suchley

Essex Boy.
May 2, 2009
Essex
So there you go...... if any TDi owners want cruise control, and you live somewhere near Herfordshire, Derbyshire, or somewhere between the 2, I'll be happy to supply and fit the kit for an agreeable sum to a Leon, Toledo, Octavia, Golf, Bora or A3.......:D

hi there,

Do you reckon you could fit this to a MK 3 Ibiza, iv been searching it can be done with the aid of vag com etc seeing that you live i n hods and i live in Waltham Abbey

ajmally100

Oct 11, 2009
Edinburgh
There are a few guides on the net for Golfs that I used when doing mine.

carbasics.co.uk/vw_golf_mk4_cruise_control.htm
christiantena.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/motor/vag/tdi/a4tdiccs1.html
uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/221940.aspx

I got the kit from VW teeside (google them) for £70