Cupra 300 Modifications on lease vehicle

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Can any one suggest any good modifications for a manual 5 door Cupra 300?

Slightly limited on the amount of available modifications with it being a lease vehicle but thought here would be the best place to ask seen as though leasing is getting so popular and others may be in the same situation as me.

Thanks

:)

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
In terms of cosmetic mods, pressed plates, reg holder and some wind deflectors look the berries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Im getting the roof wrapped in black because I really wanted the sun roof but no way on earth was i paying an extra £40 a month for it :ill:

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
What colour of car did you go for?

Nevada white! I originally got a quote for the Eclipse Orange but after seeing pictures of it not in the sun or good lighting i changed my mind.

I just want to make it look slightly sportier. I had a ford focus st3 in stealth grey before which in my eyes stood out a lot more, however it wasnt as fun to drive :drive1:.

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
Nevada white! I originally got a quote for the Eclipse Orange but after seeing pictures of it not in the sun or good lighting i changed my mind.

I just want to make it look slightly sportier. I had a ford focus st3 in stealth grey before which in my eyes stood out a lot more, however it wasnt as fun to drive :drive1:.

I was going to go for mystery blue but opted for midnight black.

I had an ST2 in white before but the Cupra blows the socks off it in every way

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
I was going to go for mystery blue but opted for midnight black.

I had an ST2 in white before but the Cupra blows the socks off it in every way

I regret not ordering black now to be honest :banghead:

Have you got DSG or manual? whats your opinion on the exhaust sound compared to the ST?

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
Black looks the part but I’m ocd and notice every swirl mark/chip ☹️

Mines is the manual the monthlies we’re out of budget for DSG. love the sound especially because The ST was the diesel one.

Was yours the petrol? If so what do you think of the sound

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hi Everyone,

Can any one suggest any good modifications for a manual 5 door Cupra 300?

Slightly limited on the amount of available modifications with it being a lease vehicle but thought here would be the best place to ask seen as though leasing is getting so popular and others may be in the same situation as me.

Thanks

:)

Good idea for a thread.

I don't want mine to look standard either, but not necessarily aftermarket.

I've gone for the pan roof and the side blades as a starter.
Possible ideas..
#Roof wrap
#front lip wrap
#tint/wrap the front fogs to make the intakes look bigger
#wrap the lower bumper around the fogs (CUPRA R effect)
#front splitter
#side skirts of some kind

Then there's easily reversible performance mods for those who lease which would make a good thread :)

Reactions: chris95

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
Black looks the part but I’m ocd and notice every swirl mark/chip ☹️

Mines is the manual the monthlies we’re out of budget for DSG. love the sound especially because The ST was the diesel one.

Was yours the petrol? If so what do you think of the sound

Black is a nightmare for that! :doh:

I'm in the exact same position! Mine was the st3 185! It went back last week and the Cupra should be delivered on Friday hopefully :cheers: Looking forward to having a nice sound !

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
Good idea for a thread.

I don't want mine to look standard either, but not necessarily aftermarket.

I've gone for the pan roof and the side blades as a starter.
Possible ideas..
#Roof wrap
#front lip wrap
#tint/wrap the front fogs to make the intakes look bigger
#wrap the lower bumper around the fogs (CUPRA R effect)
#front splitter
#side skirts of some kind

Then there's easily reversible performance mods for those who lease which would make a good thread :)

Thanks for the ideas ! :clap:

I definitely want that roof wrapping! considering having the rear windows tinted darker and a front splitter and wrapping the lower bumper sounds good too!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks for the ideas ! :clap:

I definitely want that roof wrapping! considering having the rear windows tinted darker and a front splitter and wrapping the lower bumper sounds good too!

Yeah it was either the panroof or the roof wrap for me. The contrast looks great on Nevada white.

This thread below shows
Lower lip
Fog tint
Intake wrap

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=445199&share_fid=1220&share_type=t

Cupra 300 front bumper vs 290/280

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glarh and chris95

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
I have the nevada white and wrapped the roof and lip splitter in gloss black. Looks mean.

mine is a lease too.

i also foiled the seat badges in black and got the dealer to supply the 'black pack' cupra logo which i swapped over on day one.

i also have a revo cold air intake and removed the resonator. I have also upgraded the discs and pads.

Obviously, i will put back the standard air-box and the resonator (perhaps).

However, on previous lease vehicles the inspection is carried out by a third party who were not that detailed - they certainly didn't get under the car to check for exhaust mods. they check the OBD for faults and obvious damage outside of the tolerated sizes/specs.

Reactions: chris95

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
This is definitely a good talking point for "reversible" mods that us PCH guys need to consider!

What's the score with OBDEleven/Caprista?

Could this be used at all?

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, may be a useful question to pose.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Yes, i dont see why not.

Equally, the guys that do the return inspection are not aware and dont look for system changes like fan indicators or folding mirrors.

Of course, you can out everything back too - though i have done so many i wouldn't remember what was standard and what was modded.

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
I have the nevada white and wrapped the roof and lip splitter in gloss black. Looks mean.

mine is a lease too.

i also foiled the seat badges in black and got the dealer to supply the 'black pack' cupra logo which i swapped over on day one.

i also have a revo cold air intake and removed the resonator. I have also upgraded the discs and pads.

Obviously, i will put back the standard air-box and the resonator (perhaps).

However, on previous lease vehicles the inspection is carried out by a third party who were not that detailed - they certainly didn't get under the car to check for exhaust mods. they check the OBD for faults and obvious damage outside of the tolerated sizes/specs.

Hope you don't mind me asking but how much did the Cupra 'black pack' cost?

I tried inquiring about this but forgot to follow it up! its definitley something I want! is it just the letters that you get?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
This is definitely a good talking point for "reversible" mods that us PCH guys need to consider!

What's the score with OBDEleven/Caprista?

Could this be used at all?

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, may be a useful question to pose.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I use OBDEleven on my Current lease. Only made basic mods to the mirror fold and such.

Plan to use it on the 300 too.
I want the the windows and pan roof to close when the sensor detects rain.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hope you don't mind me asking but how much did the Cupra 'black pack' cost?

I tried inquiring about this but forgot to follow it up! its definitley something I want! is it just the letters that you get?
I ordered the black lettering as it was standard on my 280 and I prefer the look.

My dealership have charged me £26.43 which will include fitting.