Cupra 300 Modifications on lease vehicle

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Yup, picked up the car and the lettering at the same time. They wouldn't fit it for me but it was easy to fit with some masking tape and fishing line to cut off the chrome ones.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Was this after you took the car?

I also like the look of the black lettering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've ordered it with the car which won't be delivered for a while. Looking at December.

Could have ordered at any point but after the purchase they may add on a charge for fitting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
I've ordered it with the car which won't be delivered for a while. Looking at December.

Could have ordered at any point but after the purchase they may add on a charge for fitting.

I don't think I'll bother for the time being then :banghead:

Once its been delivered and I have it then I'll start inquiring. I don't want to push it back any further :roflmao:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I don't think I'll bother for the time being then :banghead:

Once its been delivered and I have it then I'll start inquiring. I don't want to push it back any further

Haha, I hear you.

It won't affect your CUPRA order. It's treated as a accessory and not part of the actual car order. I'm paying the dealership for them and not VWFS.

The lettering and side skirts are both accessories. I just wanted it all sorted for the pickup.

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
Haha, I hear you.

It won't affect your CUPRA order. It's treated as a accessory and not part of the actual car order. I'm paying the dealership for them and not VWFS.

The lettering and side skirts are both accessories. I just wanted it all sorted for the pickup.

Any pics?

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
I know modding a leased car is always seen as a dumb idea, but I view the car as mine with the thought of I'll sell it in 2 years! I've gone down the usual route aswell, front and side splitters, bottom lip wrapped, wrapped S badges, side decals, all of which will bolt or peel off and then can be sold on!

As for performance mode, VWR turbo elbow, intake pipe, ramair panel filter, "snow grate" removed and a JB1! All of which were sourced used except for the filter, so on return I should get all my money back for those parts, or move them over to my next car!

However if there aren't any deals on offer or if the next models aren't upto much I'll just buy this one off VW Finance!

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
I know modding a leased car is always seen as a dumb idea, but I view the car as mine with the thought of I'll sell it in 2 years! I've gone down the usual route aswell, front and side splitters, bottom lip wrapped, wrapped S badges, side decals, all of which will bolt or peel off and then can be sold on!

As for performance mode, VWR turbo elbow, intake pipe, ramair panel filter, "snow grate" removed and a JB1! All of which were sourced used except for the filter, so on return I should get all my money back for those parts, or move them over to my next car!

However if there aren't any deals on offer or if the next models aren't upto much I'll just buy this one off VW Finance!

Do you mind if I ask where you got them decals from? or even just something similar! I've seen the picture of yours and it looks great!

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Asides from spending lots of money giving your Cupra a bespoke exterior, might I suggest a JB1 (20 mins install or remove, untraceable via diagnostics), a powerflex dogbone insert (15 min job, easily reversable), deactivating the torque limiter (2 min job, easily reversible) and decent tyres, if they give you the car shoe'd with potenzas? May as well make the car go like a rocket and clean up the off the line launches whilst you're at it.

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow

Any pics, chap?

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Has anyone here got any actual hands on experience with the JB1 tuning box? Has anyone put it on a 300 ST 4drive?

How tricky was it to install?
What was the difference it the car from stock?
Did you need to disconnect it for each service?
Was it as claimed 'untraceable'?

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
Asides from spending lots of money giving your Cupra a bespoke exterior, might I suggest a JB1 (20 mins install or remove, untraceable via diagnostics), a powerflex dogbone insert (15 min job, easily reversable), deactivating the torque limiter (2 min job, easily reversible) and decent tyres, if they give you the car shoe'd with potenzas? May as well make the car go like a rocket and clean up the off the line launches whilst you're at it.

Hi I have a DTUK box on mine, how do you deactivate the torque limiter and how much will it give you? Thanks

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
I have a 18' 300 in manual and I have had a air filter put in and waiting on Remus catback system to be installed later this month.

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Do you mind if I ask where you got them decals from? or even just something similar! I've seen the picture of yours and it looks great!
I initially got them off ebay, but when I received them I realised how incredibly hard it is to apply them perfectly, so ended up getting a local vinyl wrap place to redo them for me!

Here is the ebay link,
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/253404575302

Any pics, chap?

Of course,
null.jpg

My Instagram is @chris.hodgson.nora for more pics!

Has anyone here got any actual hands on experience with the JB1 tuning box? Has anyone put it on a 300 ST 4drive?

How tricky was it to install?
What was the difference it the car from stock?
Did you need to disconnect it for each service?
Was it as claimed 'untraceable'?
I've had mo e fitted for 4 months now, took 15 mins to install, there is a plug down on the intake take pipe that will require the undertray to be removed to gain access to, 7 small bolts at the sides and 3 larger ones at the rear, it's plain sailing from there!

It makes a huge difference to the car, it comes pre set to increase boost by 4.8psi, however with a intake and 99 octane I've mine set at 5.2psi! I did run a custom map6 setting but prefer the harder hitting map1! I will be removing it completely whenever the car has to go into Seat!

Hi I have a DTUK box on mine, how do you deactivate the torque limiter and how much will it give you? Thanks
You will need Vcds/obdeleven to make the changes, it doesnt give you any extra power, it just stops the car from pulling power when it detects wheel hop,

03.Brakes - Adaptations - Starting Vibration Reduction and select "deactivate"

With this setting changed and the ESC fully off you will now have zero electronic assistance when launching hard!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.