cupra connect ?

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
yeah I understand that, but you can set your window timing for making reaady re-charge having no rush to going there to disconnect, you can set it on https://my.seat/portal/ you can also pre-heat your car, see screenshots for pre-heat is another command on dashboard

View attachment 27933 View attachment 27934 View attachment 27935 View attachment 27936

I have the same a point 150 mt from my apartment which is also total free of cost, but... I'd like to use my private-box :) thanks to have shared your thoughts
thanks good to know but if the battery isnt at 0 then it wont need a 3.75 hour charge so wouldn't be worth setting the timer for 3.75- 4 hours. you're lucky to have free chargers where you are. public chargers in London seem to add a premium on the cost to cover parking, My domestic suppliers rates are much lower but I dont really want to get rid f my front garden and the privacy it gives me , just in order to make a drive for a charger.

Reactions: Marck

Marck

Formentor 1.4 e-hybrid DSG
Jun 19, 2021
thanks good to know but if the battery isnt at 0 then it wont need a 3.75 hour charge so wouldn't be worth setting the timer for 3.75- 4 hours. you're lucky to have free chargers where you are. public chargers in London seem to add a premium on the cost to cover parking, My domestic suppliers rates are much lower but I dont really want to get rid f my front garden and the privacy it gives me , just in order to make a drive for a charger.
that's the real reason why Huyndai is making cars having roof with photovoltaic panels...loos like by 5 years all petroleum cars will be gone for good

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
that's the real reason why Huyndai is making cars having roof with photovoltaic panels...loos like by 5 years all petroleum cars will be gone for good
yup in the UK the government will be banning the sales of petrol and diesel cars by 2030 whch iswhy im dipping my foot into electric now

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Has Anyone that has Cupra connect sign in but is saying "Lights on" all the time, when going to the vehicle its locked/no lights are on and boot is closed. I then go into the car turn the lights on then off then lock, then my cupra connect always says its fine. If it done it the once i could understand that maybe i did something wrong, but its done it a few times, nothing is affected battery ETC, and checks all around the car conclude that all lights are indeed off including Interior. Anyone else had this problem seems more a Glitch to me?

Last edited:

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
Has Anyone that has Cupra connect sign in but is saying "Lights on" all the time, when going to the vehicle its locked/no lights are on and boot is closed. I then go into the car turn the lights on then off then lock, then my cupra connect always says its fine. If it done it the once i could understand that maybe i did something wrong, but its done it a few times, nothing is affected battery ETC, and checks all around the car conclude that all lights are indeed off including Interior. Anyone else had this problem seems more a Glitch to me?
My Cupra Connect app tells me that the car is unlocked and the lights are on when they are not. I’ve raised this with cupra and didn’t even get a reply.

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Needless to say I won’t be bothering.
Dont blame you Tormentor, mind i do like to keep an eye on the Car whilst away on Charge i would still consider it as it gives me an update on the Charge % Time on my Hybrid Still would be nice they would respond, i may call the CS team for Help.

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
Dont blame you Tormentor, mind i do like to keep an eye on the Car whilst away on Charge i would still consider it as it gives me an update on the Charge % Time on my Hybrid Still would be nice they would respond, i may call the CS team for Help.
why do you need both keys in the car when you activate the account?

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
why do you need both keys in the car when you activate the account?
Yes strange thing that, i guessing you could have borrowed a car from Parents or from your friend in that case they could activate with the 1 key, but i would hate to see that if you lost your key initially you wouldn't be able to activate period.

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd join this one.
My Cupra connect has now run out and I wondered if anyone else has thought the cost of another year is worth it?
I use google maps on my phone connected through Andriod Auto for journeys, I don't stream music, the App doesn't allow me to start the car remotely (Cupra Ateca petrol), it just doesn't seem to do anything I find useful.
The Ford App I had seemed a lot more useful, so was the Jaguar App. Both of these would allow you to start the car remotely and according to the outside temp would turn on the heating, heated seats and heated windscreen and mirrors, all while keeping the car locked. The Ford App would even tell you the individual tyre pressures, amongst other things.

Last edited:

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
My Cupra connect has now run out and I wondered if anyone else has thought the cost of another year is worth it?
I use google maps on my phone connected through Android Auto for journeys, I don't stream music, the App doesn't allow me to start the car remotely (Cupra Ateca petrol), it just doesn't seem to do anything I find useful.
The Ford App I had seemed a lot more useful, so was the Jaguar App. Both of these would allow you to start the car remotely and according to the outside temp would turn on the heating, heated seats and heated windscreen and mirrors, all while keeping the car locked. The Ford App would even tell you the individual tyre pressures, amongst other things.
Well there's 1 thing that temps me is the fact because mines a hybrid it tells me the % of battery whilst charging, so I may do but still not 100% Sold because its also had a lot of false positives, Lights on (when off) Doors unlocked (when locked) but like yourself I find myself using Android Auto a lot too so to be honest its a 50/50 for me at the moment but currently im always going to the Cupra connect app (think its become a demonic finger thing to do on the phone now) :)

Reactions: ateca-chris

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I use google maps on my phone connected through Andriod Auto for journeys, I don't stream music, the App doesn't allow me to start the car remotely (Cupra Ateca petrol), it just doesn't seem to do anything I find useful.

I agree the Jaguar app was great, primarily because of the remote pre-conditioning. And they gave you three years subscription with a new vehicle.

Reactions: ateca-chris

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
Well there's 1 thing that temps me is the fact because mines a hybrid it tells me the % of battery whilst charging, so I may do but still not 100% Sold because its also had a lot of false positives, Lights on (when off) Doors unlocked (when locked) but like yourself I find myself using Android Auto a lot too so to be honest its a 50/50 for me at the moment but currently im always going to the Cupra connect app (think its become a demonic finger thing to do on the phone now) :)
Obviously the battery isn't an issue for me so that's one less thing I would use it for. The App itself would have the issues you mention, i.e. saying doors open when they weren't etc. and also what some others have mentioned about having to sign into the App every time I open it up. Not enough Pro's against Con's in my case I don't think, still willing to hear any positives that could sway me.
Seems that SEAT/CUPRA have a long way to go regarding the usefulness of the App compared to other manufacturers. To say they are part of one of the worlds largest motor groups the technology department could do with taking lessons from some other car makers.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I like journeys info, but I wouldn't pay for it. Cupra App is not that bad. BMW App doesn't show any info about journeys and everything else I can check in the car anyway.

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Having had my Formentor just over a week now, I've been reading up on the Cupra Connect and wondering if there is actually any point in downloading and having it. From reading most things there doesn't seem to be anything that is tempting me to have it. In general, is that the case or is there really anything useful worth having it for?

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Having had my Formentor just over a week now, I've been reading up on the Cupra Connect and wondering if there is actually any point in downloading and having it. From reading most things there doesn't seem to be anything that is tempting me to have it. In general, is that the case or is there really anything useful worth having it for?
in my opinion if you have android auto its a total waste of time with a non hybrid car.

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
You don't say how old the car is, if you can still get it for free then try it and see for yourself. For me, and it seems many others, there seems little benefit once you have to start paying for it.

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
in my opinion if you have android auto its a total waste of time with a non hybrid car.
I have an iPhone so use Apple CarPlay, but it’s a non hybrid car.
You don't say how old the car is, if you can still get it for free then try it and see for yourself. For me, and it seems many others, there seems little benefit once you have to start paying for it.
Car is a week old. I was going to give it a try, but from reading what I have I can’t really see the benefit of even doing that. I had the BMW Connected app for my old 5 Series and latterly 1 Series, which it worked better with, but it still didn’t give me anything really worthwhile and used it a handful of times.