Cupra K1 - Going back to standard!

Poverty

Have had a build thread up of my car on two other sites but a SEAT site so thought it would be only fair to update on here also. ;)

Pics the day I put down the deposit in it. One test drive and it sealed the deal. Bear in mind I was coming from a 1.4 so its easy to see how I became smitten with the car straight away

07022009054.jpg

07022009056.jpg

Ran it stock for a few months, the got used to the power, so got revo to give it a boost. After the map the car made 312hp. Then 2 months later, wanted more so fitted a HPFP and dynoed the car again and got 327hp. Not much HP increase, but the torque increased nicely and came in earlier also. Will post some pics of the print outs tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

Some more pics. 4000 miles from new and it needed new tires. Fitted Eagle f1 assys. Much grippier and quieter than the stock bridgestones.

prept2.jpg

31072009211.jpg

Pic of me and my mate at AMD Essex

29082009236.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

Then I fitted a ITG Intake!

14102009286.jpg

14102009287.jpg

14102009288.jpg

And heres a pic of all the bits on my kitchen floor

14102009289.jpg

Anyway went about fitting it in the dark, ended up snapping a jubilee clip so had to quickly run to b n q to get a new one.

Here it is all fitted.

14102009293.jpg

And one in the day light

15102009295.jpg

The quality of the kit is amazing.

Anyway onto the important bit! How it sounds!

It really is rather noisy, turns heads and all that, but people seem to like it. Had a man asking me about the car as he was curious as it sounded like a "beast".

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Looking good, im borderline of geting a k1, swaying more towards the astra vxr though as i see more potential. Test drive both soon so will soon find out.

Don't wanna hijack Poverty's thread, but been through that idea! and weighed it both up.

VXR is really common loads of power delivery but really bad power oversteer, your find that you have to fight the steering wheel to keep it straight and its a little chav car, you only need to look at the number written off, its cheap looking inside, Ok I know that the Seat dash isn't the best but I buy a car on its reviews and drive buy the K1 its more impressive and look at what you can do with a few hundred pounds just ask Poverty! lol

Anyway back to the Topic Poverty, when you remapped was it the stage 1, which is a fantastic jump in bhp or did you get something else added? And soory for the above! lol

Jim

Poverty

Looking good, im borderline of geting a k1, swaying more towards the astra vxr though as i see more potential. Test drive both soon so will soon find out.

Stock the vxr sounds nicer. Stock vs stock the cupra is a smidgen quicker.

The thing is though, with the cupra a remap takes it straight over 300hp, and no astra vxr, even at stage 2 plus can then come near it. Think the VXR makes about at 285hp on the standard turbo, so if you want more you need to spend alot of money. With the cupra on the standard turbo you can get over 360hp for minimal outlay, and that allows me to go past vxrs like they are going backwards, even 4 man up ;)

Theres some vids on youtube where you can see a 350hp 2.0TFSI against 997 GT3 RS, e92 M3, e46 m3 and it really does show how quick these hatchbacks go once modded.

Anyway back to the Topic Poverty, when you remapped was it the stage 1, which is a fantastic jump in bhp or did you get something else added? And soory for the above! lol

Yep that 312bhp figure is from just a remap alone, nothing else added to the car. Dont mind things going offtopic as long as it all relates back to cars lol.

Beautiful car mate, with plenty of power. Whats next on the list then?

Well there are some more bits that are done to it already but havent posted up yet. But I have got some suspension mods waiting to go on, and am also having the rear "diffuser" sprayed gloss black aswell, so once I get the car back from the bodyshop will post up some more pics.

Poverty

Powergraphs

Just a remap

amdremap1.jpg

HPFP Internals and Remap to stage 2 plus code, to take advantage of pump being fitted.

amdpump.jpg

car looks and sounds nice especially in white im not normally a fan of white but the black mk2 leons ive seen with darkened windows look to much like a hurst to me.
i just hope the updates continue on here and you dont end up selling up this year like other threads have suggested.
edit forgot to mention white is probally one of my favourite colour choices for the k1.

Last edited:

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Gorgeous car, i love candy white seats, especially the leons. sounds fast too

keep up the good work :)

Poverty

car looks and sounds nice especially in white im not normally a fan of white but the black mk2 leons ive seen with darkened windows look to much like a hurst to me.
i just hope the updates continue on here and you dont end up selling up this year like other threads have suggested.
edit forgot to mention white is probally one of my favourite colour choices for the k1.

Always wanted a black car from before I had the beeza, but I think that black hides the detail on the leon too much and the white and black combo lets it stand out nicely. Sometimes from a purely detailing point of view, I wish the car was a metallic colour though.

More updates to come for a while yet, and who knows, I might not decide to sell it after the summer, but we shall see in the upcoming months.

Will post up my 3" down pipe fitting next!

Poverty

Another Update:

Car went in to get a high flow 3" downpipe fitted. It was meant to be a decat downpipe but there was a mixup with the order so me and h8t wp both got sent down a Blueflame DP with a 100cell sports cat. We both decided to not bother sending the DP back as we didnt want to wait another 2 weeks for another two to be built. Plus with the sports cat we remain street legal.

So heres some pics that my friend took whilst waiting for the restrictive 2.5" pipe to get replaced with 3" downpipe.

Pic of the old downpipe

8521_309961960421_534990421_9293624.jpg

Pic of the new 3" DP

8521_309961950421_534990421_9293623.jpg

Pic of the new DP next to the old.

8123_1186912687453_1667382471_46540.jpg

8521_309961980421_534990421_9293626.jpg

And on the car nearly fitted.

8521_309961990421_534990421_9293627.jpg

Jan 13, 2010
UK
looks awsome!

was very tempted with getting one of these myself, test drove one and loved it, but cant realy justify paying 16k for a year old one, think il wait another year or 2 hopfully the price on a 2nd hand one will go down a fair bit then.

plus got the ibiza gt28rs to keep me happy till then

Poverty

Thanks lads.

Pickup the car from the bodyshop tomorrow! Will get to see what the gloss black diffuser will look like.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Those are some impressive figures just from a remap alone,

Have you got a link where the tfsi vs m3's etc..

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Really nice car mate...must be awesome to drive with all that power :) H8T WP just lives down the road from me, he's banned from SCN isn't he?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.