Cupra release date

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi mate no they was not told but they think it's prob due to the current climate for the car:shrug:

Poverty

SEAT are handling the ibiza cupra situation badly. No magazine has even come near one yet even though it was revealed so long ago. Hopefully because of the delay thay can make the car look better and more like the concept.

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Yea fingers x a he did say the uk spec ones will come with the 4 pot brakes as all pics so far are of the european version which are an option out there, we see
:rolleyes:
Did take the 500 Abarth for test drive today and must admit it was superb!! So not sure I can wait that long:whistle:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Current market conditions for car manufacturers are very tough, as a result many factories including SEAT's have been reducing production or making preparations to do so. This maybe one of the reasons why this new car has been delayed.

That and the fact hot hatch petrol cars are seemingly unpopular in the market because of the current financial downturn they are simply not selling in volumes.

They are likely focusing production on other vehicles they believe will bring greater profits during this financial crisis. Delaying the Cupra until September may allow for some recovery in the market.

Alternatively it could be just delayed for technical reasons.

This is of course my own theory based on the information that is in the public doman.

Poverty

Yea fingers x a he did say the uk spec ones will come with the 4 pot brakes as all pics so far are of the european version which are an option out there, we see
:rolleyes:
Did take the 500 Abarth for test drive today and must admit it was superb!! So not sure I can wait that long:whistle:

you want to trade your FR for a 500 abarth :ban:

500 abarth is nice but a step down from a FR

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Yea prob right zboyd just a pain as wonted to trade by then, must say though poverty it was very impressive drive firm but not to severe and build looked very good, on the ride front that my biggest worry with the new cupra, hope it won't be like the m4 cupra I had that was murder way to firm I thought

anyone heard if this is has been confirmed? surprised there have been no more press releases or anything about it - still really limited information considering it's supposed to be out in a month or so's time

Poverty

anyone heard if this is has been confirmed? surprised there have been no more press releases or anything about it - still really limited information considering it's supposed to be out in a month or so's time

not in the uk till sept. SEAT having issues apparently. Dealer reckons left handers will be out quite a while before the right handers.

warren_cox

Back from the dead

Been watching this with some interest. Heard a rumour a near 200bhp version special edition may be launched but then heard nothing since. Think it was called the Assetto Corse, but was due to be made in VERY limited numbers <500.

Used to own a Lupo GTi which was great but slightly power starved (for those of us running off it's slightly breathless NA lump - not like Badger5's 1.8T version). THought this may capture the essence of the old Lupo but with a big dollop of required torque, and a slightly wider / longer wheelbase to remove some of the skittish handling tendencies.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
And is there still no word of a FR version?

Surely they'd sell more cars if the engine range was better. If they made a 1.4 TSI 125PS Sport, i'd probably buy one when in the summer. But at the moment I'm swayed toward a 1.4 Leon Sport

lord_sharpy

still not heard anything about release dates, and nothing regarding FR either

when i find out il post up

Rach_Sparky!

Hi guys,

I went to a dealer yesterday to be told the new ibiza curpa wil be out April this year..... Im looking into a white one.....

Cant wait!!

Tony_Danza

Are there any indications as to what sort of engine/spec it is going to have? My missus loves the new shape and it could make a nice toy for me to borrow..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.