Cupra release date

bickers70

Feb 18, 2009
I went into my local dealer today to ask about the new Cupra and was told it would definitely be out in September. They have now got the leaflets in stock though which is basically an OTT sales pitch stating how the new car is 'sex on wheels'.
Cheesy phrases such as:-
"If power is what you want, it's time to feast",
"the special trapezoidal-exit exhaust makes the most of the engine's 180ps growl", or
"appreciate the CUPRA sport seats you're so comfortably pinned against".
The leaflet folds out into a little poster of the car in a bullring and gives mpg and emission figures.

Looks very smart though!

beport

I went into my local dealer today to ask about the new Cupra and was told it would definitely be out in September. They have now got the leaflets in stock though which is basically an OTT sales pitch stating how the new car is 'sex on wheels'.
"the special trapezoidal-exit exhaust makes the most of the engine's 180ps growl", or
The leaflet folds out into a little poster of the car in a bullring and gives mpg and emission figures.

Looks very smart though!

At the moment I am leasing a brand new Golf TDI in Germany and it appears that the new Ibiza Cupra will be borrowing a lot of the same technology e.g. the aerial has disappeared completely from the roof (how fantastic is that?[B)]); the windscreen wipers detect if they need to do some work; driving lights (somewhere in between headlamps and sidelights) come on even when you've got them switched off (how weird is that?:headhurt:); and the parking sensors tell you if someone is pushing a shopping trolley. All we are waiting for now is the ecstasy and glowstick dispenser specifications that were elluded to in Paris:)

Looks very smart though!

never did get to see this leaflet - does it say any more stat stuff?? rough price? options?

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester

Looks very smart though!

Out of interest (and being a derv owner!) what are the quoted emission & mpg figures?

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Well spoke to seat uk today and was told you can order new ibiza cupra from first week of july for delivery mid september, also special bkit released later in year like for leon:think:

CHRI55

Yes its been Tango'd
Oct 15, 2006
Norfolk
dunno about the breaza cupra yet. looks nice but a 1.4 turbo engine, dont sound like it will be very torqueee. so will it be a case of thrashing it everywhere???

frank-the-tank

Hi guys,

I went to a dealer yesterday to be told the new ibiza curpa wil be out April this year..... Im looking into a white one.....

Cant wait!!

I bought the Mk 5 earlier this month and the dealer said it would be out on a 59 plate, but why don't SEAT themselves just put out an offical release date?

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i would start the debate about it looking like the bocanegra concept to get more interest, but really all it needs is the centre of the bumper made black and you are more or less there

edit - am sure it will be done by someone, and it will look stunning

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Incidentally anyone seen the new Clio cup, wonder where where they got the front bumper colour idea from:rolleyes:

CupraSmitten

formerly sjbvs
May 26, 2004
St Helens
I heard from my dealer today that it goes into production in July, for September deliveries - as stated above.

I have read though that the whole VW group are looking to reduce their car's costs - to be more competitive in these hard times. Ironic then that the new Golf GTI is rumoured to start at £22k, £2k more than the Mk5.

As much as i'd like to say the Cupra is going to be a great car, at £17k it'll be overpriced, and it's got tough competition i reckon, with the Corsa VXR and Clio 197/200s/Cups.

Also, if the Fiesta Zetec S reviews are anything to go back, the new Fiesta ST is going to be the weapon of choice in that sector (if a tad common!).

I kinda like the Ibiza's exclusivity and got very excited when i passed one the other day, much to the wife's amusement.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I'm saving my pennies and pounds for a Cupra, however if its a small engine I'm not going to be interested. After driving a 1.4TSI and a 1.9TDI I prefer the stock TDI over a remapped and worked on 1.4 any day.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.