Cupra rocks at Castle Combe!

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
That'll be nice I'm sure, just remember 0-60 times always good with 4wd, it's what happens in 2nd gear onwards that matters, check 0-100 times..... I was getting mullered by a Subaru 3.0 R station wagon the other day until I got in 2nd, then it was all over for him! They're on about 250 bhp I think....

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
That'll be nice I'm sure, just remember 0-60 times always good with 4wd, it's what happens in 2nd gear onwards that matters, check 0-100 times..... I was getting mullered by a Subaru 3.0 R station wagon the other day until I got in 2nd, then it was all over for him! They're on about 250 bhp I think....

Well it is definately getting stage 1 on. I was surprised that the dealership are offering to fit full milltek exhaust to it. Very naughty of them imho because if audi found out that would be warranty over for me.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
I am due to go on a track day at Outlon Park at end of this month.

I only have REVO stage 1...will I get massacered ? :blink:

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
awd or rwd is the only way to go above 350whp, i would even say 300whp i have a stage II FR and i can walk around wrx sti mustang gts evo in straight line, the mustang i can take it on the bends too but even a wrx can corner a lot better than the FR

i have eibach springs hawk pads direzza z1 star and i learn to drive in a mountain road because i live in the mountain so the bends are what i love, and a fwd car has nothing to do against a evo or sti on a course with bends really if the drivers knows how to take them you are dead.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
I agree on a twisty circuit and with lots of bhp, 4wd would help, but with 300-400 bhp and a fairly fast flowing track then 2wd has the edge providing you can put the power down, the Cupra's esp does a great job on the track, 3rd gear round Quarry Corner and floor it, let the electrickery sort it out! The esp was still working flat out in 4th on the start-finish straight which is slightly curved and undulating........:D

Xaser04

awd or rwd is the only way to go above 350whp, i would even say 300whp i have a stage II FR and i can walk around wrx sti mustang gts evo in straight line, the mustang i can take it on the bends too but even a wrx can corner a lot better than the FR

An Impreza WRX STI (assuming the 300bhp model) does 0-60 in ~ 5 seconds and 0-100 in ~12.5 seconds. There is not a chance you can 'walk all over one' in a straight line.

Poverty

An Impreza WRX STI (assuming the 300bhp model) does 0-60 in ~ 5 seconds and 0-100 in ~12.5 seconds. There is not a chance you can 'walk all over one' in a straight line.

Impreza WRX STI's are slow :lol:

STI's are small fish to me, I take out Evo MR 340's in a straight line :D

Jan 15, 2009
Kent

Mine faster than my mates STI once rolling!

Its great fun beating scooby's :p

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/

The website in the link above is good for giving a 'rough' comparison of performance stats between different cars. If you go to the performance calculator page you can enter the bhp and weight of your car and compare the figures to other cars listed on the site.

Impreza WRX STI's are slow :lol:

STI's are small fish to me, I take out Evo MR 340's in a straight line :D

I hope you're jesting :D A mapped Cupra is around 280/290bhp and an MR 340 as it says so both around 250bhp ATW. I would have thought there would be very little in it. The Cupra's bhp would need to be well into the 300's to have a significant advantage. Would need to be a rolling start as well....a Cupra would not catch a properly launched Evo off the line. Plenty of Evo's are modified anyway :D You may be right about Subaru's though :D

Poverty

I hope you're jesting :D A mapped Cupra is around 280/290bhp and an MR 340 as it says so both around 250bhp ATW. I would have thought there would be very little in it. The Cupra's bhp would need to be well into the 300's to have a significant advantage. Would need to be a rolling start as well....a Cupra would not catch a properly launched Evo off the line. Plenty of Evo's are modified anyway :D You may be right about Subaru's though :D

The mapped cupras I know are more like 315hp give or take a few with around 330lb ft of torque.

Rolling start the cupra is slightly quicker, its especially noticeable at the more silly speeds, but standing start a cupra doesnt stand a chance.

Vidal Baboon

didnt the revo stage 2+ cupra beat the impreza sti in that evo magazine car test in a straight line by miles and also round the track.

Does anyone have a link to the group test?
I've tried searching the EVO website but have come up with nothing:confused:

If it's in this months mag, I'll have to pop out & buy it!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.