Cupra Rolling road Results... Comments please

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
With apr stage1, carbonio, forge dv (with spacer) & today having had turbo back miltek fiitted (3"dp with 2.75" cat back) my cupra got the following....

100_0779.jpg

100_0778.jpg

100_0777.jpg

100_0776.jpg

100_0775.jpg

Was done at tsr in bridgewater. First couple of runs was only getting 275. Guy said it was too hot.

After lowering the load on the rollers a little it got 293... with health tourque at 280lb/ft

Was a little dissapointed tbh was hoping for consistent runs nearer or slightly over the 300 mark but the operator reminded me about the apr's self adaptive map? possibly the map needs to adjust after fitting the miltek????

Comments??

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
APR maps seem to have fairly low results compared to other maps, but there is also the rolling road lottery to consider.

How does the car drive now? Did you get non-resonated middle pipe and oval exit exhaust?! Bet you are loving the noise :D

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
APR maps seem to have fairly low results compared to other maps, but there is also the rolling road lottery to consider.

How does the car drive now? Did you get non-resonated middle pipe and oval exit exhaust?! Bet you are loving the noise :D

Car pulls well, Got non res centre, wanted oval but couldnt wait for it to come into stock so got twin jet, will go for oval at a later date...

Cannot stop grinning at the noise it makes well impressed.

Got my mate to drive past me in mine while i drove his & dropped a gear, sounded awesome :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Car pulls well, Got non res centre, wanted oval but couldnt wait for it to come into stock so got twin jet, will go for oval at a later date...

Cannot stop grinning at the noise it makes well impressed.

Got my mate to drive past me in mine while i drove his & dropped a gear, sounded awesome :)

Thats the normal reaction mine gets from people :)

Enjoy mate - Don't worry about pub talk figures. Take it to a 1/4 mile strip and see how quick it is on the road ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
My car is currently standard other than the exhaust, skirts, spoiler, flaps, suspension, erm think thats it mate :lol:

There was a 12bhp gain from the Milltek system on standard map....

Al

Aug 29, 2005
S3 coolers are available at short notice. Get your name on the list :)

Once we get 10, I am looking to make sure the forum admin are happy to let us proceed with it and work out prices including pipes etc.

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
The results are good, but I think that a better FMIC (APR's, Forge's or S3's) will make the difference ...!!! :) Probably a v-flow/p-flow intake will be more efficient than the restrictive carbonio...!!! Another point I'd like to make is that a 3" downpipe does not seem to make a real difference, and this might be the result of either the APR map not designed to take account for the excess boost coming earlier or that 3" isn't any better than 2.75". Moreover, another issue is fueling of the TFSI when boost gets up. Most stage 1 remaps do not run the high-pressure FSI pump to >110mbars, however, there are currently stage 1+/stage 2 remaps (I think APR has got one) that run the high-pressure fuel pump to >120mbars (122-130mbars)...:D:p:)

Last edited:

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
^^^^^One of the lads on Audi -sport.net has just had the APR stage 2 and uprated fuel pump, i don't think he's been on Awesomes rollers yet.

leon

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic
it looks you have some problem like me, I cant get more of 300ps from my car after the car has a full milltek system, I dont understand why, cupra with only remap has normaly more them 300 ps, my car has only 297ps and I have new map from p-torque. I am very dissopointed with the results.

H8T WP

Would be interesting to compare maps available for the cupra and see what boost each are set to etc ! because the RS tuning map i had done made 300bhp easily and safely and thats without an exhaust / filter etc

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
The results are good, but I think that a better FMIC (APR's, Forge's or S3's) will make the difference ...!!! :) Probably a v-flow/p-flow intake will be more efficient than the restrictive carbonio...!!! Another point I'd like to make is that a 3" downpipe does not seen to make a real difference, and this might be the result of either the APR map not designed to take account for the excess boost coming earlier or that 3" isn't any better than 2.75". Moreover, another issue is fueling of the TFSI when boost gets up. Most stage 1 remaps do not run the high-pressure FSI pump to >110mbars, however, there are currently stage 1+/stage 2 remaps (I think APR has got one) that run the high-pressure fuel pump to >120mbars (122-130mbars)...:D:p:)

was going for the neuspeed, wish i had now. :S might give the dibilas a try..???

Oh and what is Vtune and why would it make a difference??

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Vtune enables you to adjust your map settings and possibly get more power if the correct mods are fitted. And its free, but your APR map must be able to support it. Ring awesome and ask them or point them in the direction of this thread.