Cupra TDI vs Cupra Petrol Realistic MPG differences

I would imagine with my driving style, id be getting mid 50 mpg on a Cupra TDi as I really drive it the majority of the time, like it's a 1L, I just like having the power there when needed but don't feel the need to thrash around everywhere.

Im 28, insurance cost is ok on either petrol or diesel, I'd prefer to get the Cupra, as I prefer the wheels, and the brakes! :) Don't forget, im a Cupra-holic, this would be my 5th Ibiza Cupra if I get a TDi lol (2 MK4's and 2 MK3's so far!)

There is a lot of really good points in this thread, everyone has contributed so thanks a lot, it's certainly helped my decision, im gonna put the car up, if it sells, i'll get the TDi, if it doesn't, i'll stick with petrol! :)

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
and as another comparison on the mpg front, yesterday morning i drove home from leeds (50 miles) this involves about 15-20 miles of non motorway and the rest motorway and i was doing about 85-90 all the way on the motorway and about 60-70 on the otheroads with abit of overtaking and got home and had averaged 51 mpg on my journey. Dont usually drive like this just i was really ill with the flu and wanted to get home without having to stop to be sick/ feel faint etc but it shows what sorts of figures they can get up to whilst not driving like a granny.

I think if you keep it in mind that if you leave it in gear and let off the accelerator it cuts the fuel supply off higher mpg figures can be achieved. On one journey, about 8 miles, majority of it was downhill and the car managed 88mpg haha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise