Cupra Throttle body alignment

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Went out to fit my led sidelights today and had the ignition on while trying to get them to work but thats another story.
Any way i can hear the usual high pitch noise of the throttle body aligning but it stays on for ages easily 50 seconds or so , once the ignition is turned off the noise only lasts about 8 seconds which i thought was normal.
Can someone else check their Cupra please so its just not me being paranoid :blink:

Thanks.

I have also noticed my turbo whining while giving it some beans from about 4500 rpm onwards from second gear onwards , any one else had this? could it just be an intercooler hose not seated properly , i say this because on my last service 5 k ago there was a slight leak from one and they had to change the "o" ring. or do you think it could be more?

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Hi mate, I don't notice any whining from my turbo and as you say my TB alignment noise lasts less than ten seconds :shrug:

With regards to the TB I dont know what would be causing that.

But yeah, you should check the intercooler pipe again to see if it is losing air but if it is losing air, it wouldnt be a whine more of a whooosh type noise under heavy acceleration from low down and more promenint as the boost builds under higher revs.

Is the car more sluggish lately or does the power feel the same?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Hi mate, I don't notice any whining from my turbo and as you say my TB alignment noise lasts less than ten seconds :shrug:

With regards to the TB I dont know what would be causing that.

But yeah, you should check the intercooler pipe again to see if it is losing air but if it is losing air, it wouldnt be a whine more of a whooosh type noise under heavy acceleration from low down and more promenint as the boost builds under higher revs.

Is the car more sluggish lately or does the power feel the same?

thanks for the reply.
when you just put your ignition so your dashboards lights are lit but without starting the engine how long does your TB take to stop? mine is at least 50 seconds and i cant remember that being right?

my car is faster and better some days more than others :confused:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Well my turbo was whinning and we all know what happened to that! TBH if the car still feels strong it might just be something loose or a boost leak as mine just died and couldnt go over 20mph. Id definnetly get it checked out though asap.

Oh and my TB take about 10secs if i remember rightly although ive forgot what my car looks like.

Mine's an FR rather than Cupra, but I get the slight whining noise for a good while after the ignition is switched on (only noticed it when fiddling about trying to get my LED sidelights working). Haven't timed it but I'm sure it's longer than 10 secs.

Poverty

Pov can you time yours for me please , with just the ignition being switched on until the high pitch whining noise stops
cheers ;)

will do, from memory mines on for quite a while aswell. Have had throttle body faults come up on VAG COM in the past aswell.

GolfRS

Nov 1, 2009
When doing an alignment with VAG COM, there is an indicator stating adaptation has run.
When you see the "OK" you have wait for about 10 seconds before unplugging the cable (you will see the TB position changing again ever so slightly even after the OK sign is up)

At least that's what i do.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.