DAB radio question

paulhdi

Feb 3, 2007
Hi guys,

My sis's '07 ibiza has the DAB radio. We went from wales to kent and back the sat before last, and I noticed that when i put the radio into DAB mode, it kept coming up on the display with no signal (i think). anyone had similar? I have driven it since then and get the same.

Should it be picking up DAB channels properly here in south west wales? It picks up regular radio, no problem.

thanks for any ideas/info

Paul

paulhdi

Feb 3, 2007
standard, was on the car since she picked it up. silver one with flip down front

paulhdi

Feb 3, 2007
its going in tomorrow for a new piece of dash trim. pass side of dash, coming loose. will have her point it out

thanks

Deleted member 19188

I've got the DAB radio in my Ibiza, and I've never had a problem. There are settings that will move the radio over to ordinary FM if it loses the signal in DAB, normally to the same radio station too.
Good Luck with getting the dash repaired - I had to wait almost six months for a couple of trim pieces to arrive for mine!!

paulhdi

Feb 3, 2007
thanks. will see what they say tomorrow. on fm the radio is fine, its just the DAB thats messing around.
the trim piece is the bit at the side of the dash that meets the door trim. lip fits behind the air vent, but keeps popping out.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members