data etc.....

cejsmith

Mar 19, 2004
Milton keynes
I've pick up my new to me Vz3 leon and I'm trying to sort out the various system. I've registered with everything I can see but I cant seem to see if the car has a active internet connection for everything.

I seem to have live traffic and the WWW globe is lit, but it shows no updates etc on the software screen. I've registered with cubic telecom and it's give me some options on price ( seems bloody expensive , I got 100gig free sim with my volvo when I had it serviced) do I have to use them??

Any help would be gratefully received

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
If you have live traffic then you have data under the free two year subscription, you won't see updates until the car decides to do one - usually at the most inconvenient time.

There's no real reason to sign up for the Seat data plan, your phone can do a much better job than the car so just use that via auto etc.

cejsmith

Mar 19, 2004
Milton keynes
If you have live traffic then you have data under the free two year subscription, you won't see updates until the car decides to do one - usually at the most inconvenient time.

There's no real reason to sign up for the Seat data plan, your phone can do a much better job than the car so just use that via auto etc.
strange the car is over 2 years old , perhaps the last owner brought some data???

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Any data should have terminated when the last owner signed out, you can check the connectivity status by trying to connect to it via the Seat connect app, if you can't then the car is expired.

OTA updates don't need a data package anyway AFIK, mine still does them when travelling and I've never bought data (although I also connect the car to the house WiFi)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.