Dave's Ibiza Cupra mk3 *KO3s & a touch of Custom Code*

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
After selling my cammed Vts in search of turbo power i settled on a Ibiza Cupra mk3. After a month or two of searching i came across one on Autotrader with 14k on the clocks. 1 Previous owner who was a middle aged female. Fully serviced every year and full MOT on it.

Left a deposit monday and went to collect from up north today. 7 hours of driving later and i got my new car home. couldnt believe how mint condition it is in for a 7 year old car.

cupra1.jpg

cupra3.jpg

cupra4.jpg

And one of the trip home.
12112008879.jpg

Plans so far are...
6000k HID kit (ordered)
Cupra R splitter (pick up saturday)
Powder coat the alloys Black/Anthercite (booked in for next week)
10 or 15mm Spacers on rear.
Coilovers (still deciding on which ones.. leaning towards kwv2's at the moment)
Looking into strut braces all round aswell.

Then will have a look at playing with the engine. But this may have to be in the new year with how close christmas is.

Last edited:

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
Looks mint. Especially the leather. Just 14k? will struggle to find one with mileage that low now.. :)

and....welcome to Mk3 Cupra ownership :)

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
Thanks for the welcome.

First time driving a Ibiza.. nice to drive, handling isnt the best yet but im used to handling of a saxo which are like go karts. Hopefully i see the difference everyone talks about once spacers and coilovers are put on.

Hopefully take it on track in the new year.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Looks good mate.

Probably have to blow the dust out of that engine with it having run so little.

Hope no pipes are dried out completely

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
Fingers crossed all okay.. It had a good blast on test drive and deffinatly a good run back as was a 3 hour trip.

Mat

14k!!! wow! 2k a year. Must have been a "supermarket" car.

good find

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Gotta be the lowest milage cupra in the country!? In a funny kinda way it's almost a shame to start modding such an innocent, clean car!??
Fantastic find tho, don't skimp on anything keep this beasty top quality.

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
I had exactly the same thought Riko. As had plans to get engine work done alot sooner but driving it and such low mileage its making me think twice.

Dare say engine work will still happen though. Too slow standard.

I paid 3.9k for it =] bargain of the century :D

HID 6000k kit now fitted.. will post pictures up shortly ..

Wanted to get cupra R splitter and gauge holder sorted today but Seat Parts department was closed as computers were down =[

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
no sh*t!? i know who it was!!!
basically..i was outside a shop, and some guy randomly parked up behind me and waited for me to come out.
came up to me and said 'my wife has one of those for sale, hardly ever used.. do you know anyone who wants to buy it? said it didn't have many miles, didn't realise it only had 14k lol

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
haha yeah must have been same one. Seen it in autotrader and i prefered to have a blue or black one so was perfect.

Need to get a few things ordered this week before i start spending money on christmas presents lol. need car lowerd.

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
HID kit fitted at weekend and seat and ibiza badges removed from boot.

Really pleased with the HID kit. £60 off ebay from a London Seller. Was a Philips HID kit with slim ballasts.
6000k. Just right.. not too blue.

quick pic of the mileage by time i got it home.
Photo0386.jpg

Now the hid's fitted
Photo0387.jpg

Photo0389.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members