Diesel Fuel Cap Stickers (to remind me its diesel!)

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
Hi all, i was wondering if any1 knows where i can get a sticker which would fit on my filler cap (the black one under the fuel flap), which would remind me to put diesel in?

Ive had a quick search on ebay and google, but didn't really have any joy.

Cheers in advance.

Dave

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Open the door before you shut off the engine when you drive into the Petrol Station. You wont mistake your engine for a Petrol then!

Taxi!

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
Empi5 said:

Cheers m8, I did find the ebay one myself but it doesn't look like what i want. The other one you found is too large, 1" thick.

It is for me, Ive had a petrol for years and years and only filled my diesel up twice so far. I just want to make sure that i'll avoid any nasty experience :rolleyes:

That diesel guard looks like a good idea, but i think i'll go with a DIY job and see if thats good enough.

Cheers guys

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
Brummy said:
dont you know anyoneone with a 'Dyno ' label maker?
in short....No :lol:

I've gone for the DIY option and just used two pieces of black electrical tape (1 above, 1 below the part you hold to twist the cap) and then used a silver pen and written DIESEL on the tape...bit pants really, but it looks ok and should remind me, I can't avoid looking at it when i take the cap out so fingers crossed ;)

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
I have a Dymo machine sat in my desk draw, pm me your address and I'll make a label and post it to you.:)

May even make myself one :clap:

This ok?

DSCF0102.jpg

Last edited:
i'm havin similar thoughts, Vick's bout to change over to the darkside. and i'm sure after a hard night duty, the light comes on and low fuel warning "pings".
She'll pull in to a garage, get 3/4 tank of unleaded in, then shout BOLLOX very loudly :lol:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Touch wood, I've haven't had any problems so far remembering it's a diesel but I am a bit paranoid when I go to an unfamiliar filling station that I will select the wrong filler nozzle. I wish they would standardize on the colour. I always check and recheck before I pull the trigger.:D

TonyK

Vodka?
Jul 16, 2006
Northampton
Ol'timer I agree fully - I drove up to the Isle of Skye a couple of years back and up just past Glasgow I found a garage that had blue for diesel instead of black .. I have to admit I went and asked if it was just normal diesel.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
AR-CoolC said:
I have a Dymo machine sat in my desk draw, pm me your address and I'll make a label and post it to you.:)

May even make myself one :clap:

This ok?

DSCF0102.jpg

Thanks for the offer m8, I may well take you up on that! I'll get back to you, as i've just thort of an idea which may work (use the work (Tesco) labelling machine for name badges! :lol: )

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.