difference between fr and cupra ?

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
It's not going to help much on a car without a mechanical diff. Out of interest, what happens after 3000rpm to all that lovely torque? Talking about the difference between the FR and Cupra to get back on topic, whilst you mention the peak figure, what about the Cupra's torque spread, its at peak from 1700-5800rpm, which means you don't have to do an impression of someone rowing a boat when making brisk progress. :joystick:

I'm not sure you'll bait many more Cupra drivers, as they're probably out enjoying their cars instead of sat working out how to improve their MPG, have you tried streamlining? :p

Wait, are you saying you torque steer round corners??!

No but torque steering is exciting, right?

I enjoy my car and my bank balance at the end of the month, you enjoy yours :)

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Has this thread just turned into an argument?

We're all/mostly Leon owners therefore we're all friends here any car debates are just that, debates, everyone is welcome to their opinion and if we couldn't value others' and vice versa then we're probably in the wrong place

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
I can't believe this grew into such a ****-measuring contest peaking with the very nice metalic gray FR with very nice side skirts indeed!

It's a fact CUPRA is the better car.

I didn't even consider the FR. Is the FR a nice car? Sure it is.
Is it a very exciting 300hp best bang for the buck overall family hauler available to buy? I don't know since i never drove one but it probably isn't because that definition is exactly what the CUPRA is.

PS: I don't think they even sell the FR in Sweden. It does however seem to be a huge hit in Turkey based on INSTAGRAM.

Last edited:

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
CUPRA is M / AMG / RS
FR is M kit / AMG Package / S-Line

:)

it's actually harder than expected to find the exact technical differences.
Can anyone throw up a nice comparison chart?

Cupra as an AMG / M / RS?
You must be joking right :rofl:
What you were trying to say...Cupra is like S3 on Audi, not an RS for sure.
And you are comparing SEAT with top spec Premium cars...:cartman:
classic example of Cupra owners...thinking way too much for their Cupras.
Try put it in the class of Opel Astra OPC, Renault Sport Megane, Golf GTi Clubsport and you will be taken more seriously.

You get 3 Cupras with a price of an entry level AMG, RS or M [B)]

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I can't believe this grew into such a ****-measuring contest peaking with the very nice metalic gray FR with very nice side skirts indeed!

It's a fact CUPRA is the better car.

PS: I don't think they even sell the FR in Sweden. It does however seem to be a huge hit in Turkey based on INSTAGRAM.

I was surprised that they sell anything else than chinese Volvo and Saab over there.
But it seems that you have all Leon models too http://www.seat.se/:whistle:
Strange that you have not seen any FR or driven any and you still can say that Cupra is better car:rolleyes:

Alex_280

Dec 31, 2015
Cupra as an AMG / M / RS?
You must be joking right :rofl:
What you were trying to say...Cupra is like S3 on Audi, not an RS for sure.
And you are comparing SEAT with top spec Premium cars...:cartman:
classic example of Cupra owners...thinking way too much for their Cupras.
Try put it in the class of Opel Astra OPC, Renault Sport Megane, Golf GTi Clubsport and you will be taken more seriously.

You get 3 Cupras with a price of an entry level AMG, RS or M [B)]

They're not talking about the price, who would even think that? It is the halo brand of Seat, like VXR is to Vauxhall, or VRS is to Skoda and yes, like AMG is to Mercedes and M is to BMW. Calm down dear.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
This has turned into a huge **** measuring contest. So let's settle it:

The Leon is a good car. Irrespective of the model.

The way I see it, FR is the sporty trim and CUPRA is the sports model.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I had a corsa vxr! One of the originals from 2007, loved the car but it was unreliable af. I had so much go wrong with it I had to get rid before the warranty ran out

Haha I didn't I had the also unreliable Black Edition that had to be recalled for a habit of spontaneous combustion

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members