Disabling Key Window Opening

jNx

May 4, 2006
M25 J13
www.surreymodified.co.uk
I've posted this question in the Mk3 section aswell, but for those that know what "feature" I'm talking about, I need to know how to disable it on VAG-COM asap!

There's a spate of thefts happening in my area at the moment on anything VAG with this STUPID feature installed. A gang have worked out a method and done about 50 cars in the past 2 weeks.. Including my mate's R32.

Before anyone asks, I'm not going to disclose the feature Im talking about on a public forum

I've done a search and all it throws up is AutoWindow threads...

Thanking you!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I've not heard of vagcom being able to do this (i hope i'm now proven wrong) so i think the only other option is a de-lock.
I want to get mine done really, but time/money constraints are holding me up a bit.
If you do find any info, please post it for us all to use.

Theresias

On an MK3 Ibiza there is no way to deactivate that feature. My old MK3 Golf already had that and I was also hit buy that type of robbery... let's not talk about the loss, it was enough to make me really pissed, so that I simply disconnected the related wires in the door lock - that solved it.

jNx

May 4, 2006
M25 J13
www.surreymodified.co.uk
Thanks for your quick replies, thanks for the info Sebastian!

Is their a way of disabling them for other cars in the VAG range?? I've got quite a few mates who are now suddenly nervous!

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site

Sounds straight forward, want to do a few other things too - alarm beep etc so will have a browse around ...

Can you recommend any other 'cool' features on the Mk5 platform (Golf) ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise