door alarm led wiring

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Even dafter question... why? Put a multimeter on them and find out which is live... ;)

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Just re read that and thought you meant blue wiring :D I gues you mean a blue led...

This should help.

led4.gif

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh i would just stick a multi-meter across the two wires, when it reads a +ve 12v or whatever u know which cable is which... :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
^^^^ what he said then. You might be unlucky and find both legs of the LED have been cut shorter, meaning you cannot tell which is which. So best bet is to look at the LED itself - as the very helpful diagram shows :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ibiza_95 said:
Just test it.
It doesnt matter if you put the led on the wrong way, it just wont work. if it doesnt work then you know it goes on the other way...
simple as

thats just the cheats way out.
lol

midcuk

never confused!
Jun 20, 2001
newcastle
Visit site
well ive managed it woo hoo

thanks guys (only took 3 hrs) worked put it all back together again and stoped working doh !

sorted in the end though

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
on the subject of door locks/pins/wiring/leds....

has anyone got a clue about the doorpin arm? By this i mean the arm that goes from the lock up to the doorpin that you can see move when you lock/unlock the car. Obviously only if you have the door pins. I want to remove this arm - but not quite sure how it comes off - on ETKA it seems to have a strange shape at the bottom, and IIRC last time i had my door card off it went into a rubber grommet then into the door.....
Can I just pull it out? Perhaps this should be aimed at the likes of Fl@pper, Syphon etc..?