Drive mode 'Cupra'

Sep 27, 2022
Hi all,

I have a quick question.

When I start my car, it is in Cupra mode (because that is the last drive mode I used before parking the car).
However, it used to go to S automatically when I put the stick in D/S.
Now it selects D every time I put the stick in D/S.

I know I can pull the stick back to select S, but it used to select S automatically..
Also, when I change drive modes after starting, it's in Cupra D, then I select Sport and it goes to Sport S and then I select Cupra and is goes to Cupra S.

I would like it to select S automatically when I put is in D/S.
How can I do that?

Cheers!
NihihigO

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Your car isn't re-starting in Cupra mode. I know the selector dial will say it is - but it isn't. The car always defaults back to Comfort, despite showing Cupra (or Sport, or Individual) on the selector. This is all because the emmissions / consumption tests are based around the car being in Comfort.

It's (badly) explained in the handbook:

When the vehicle is switched off it will
store the driving profile that was selected
when the ignition key was removed. Nevertheless,
when the engine is restarted, the
engine and the gear will start by default in
the Normal setting. For engine and gear to
revert to the desired position, select the
corresponding drive profile again by rotating
the thumbwheel (Driving Experience
Button) or selecting the profile on the Easy
Connect display.
● When the vehicle is restarted after using
the Offroad or Snow settings, the system is
always activated in the Sport profile.

Reactions: keulk

seany72uk

Apr 26, 2022
Sorry to highjack this thread but I had a similar query when I set my 'Individual' setting to eco, but after a restart the thumbwheel is still on the Individual setting, but I'm in normal drive. Cheers for that!

Tell

Staff member
It has always worked like that in Atecas. They default back to the normal drive mode over anything selected. Originally I thought it was to stop diesel drivers clogging up their SCR. A lot loved to drive their diesel in ECO. Then Seat fixed that by defaulting the firmware back to drive so Petrol drivers got the same deal. My 2017 diesel model stays on ECO after a restart never got that update unless Seat slipped it in at one of the annual services. Mine was the one out on the complaints.

As said above the behaviour is expected possibly not for the reasons explained or not.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.