Driver's Electric window stuck open

votivequagmire

Hi all

I pressed the electric window button to make the window go down and it went down all the way, stuttered a bit on the way but finally reached the bottom.

Now I can't raise it again? :confused:

I stripped down the door and disconnected the cable which powers the motor and tried to manually raise the window but it only raises a couple of cm and then stops dead?:doh:

The motor gets warm when plugged in even without operating the switch.

Does anyone know what causes this and if there is a remedy?

I can't find any design specifications for this model at all? I plugged the passenger window into the same switch and it still operates the passenger window so the switch is fine.

Gonna have to cover the hole for tonight I guess.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Me

votivequagmire

Thanks for all your viewings,
I stripped the whole lot down and discovered 3 faults in total.

1. The cable had snapped at the motor.
2. Plastic moulding for window runner snapped.
3. Cale outer sheathing damaged pulley.

Looks like it needs a replacement window winder mechanism and motor complete.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you have the mech stripped out id slide the glass up and wedge it in with a couple os bits of 4 by 2

better to have a closed window than a wrapped up one

23mjh

Jan 14, 2007
cardiff
this happened to me 2 days ago ended up stripping da door down 12 oclock at night[:@] bought a new regulator 4 80 bucks which to my supprise came with da motor all sorted now

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
yep, that happened to me, very easy fix as you just tape up the widown to stop if falling through, undo all the bolts, remove old mech, install new mech, do up bolts to hold glass, untape glass, job done. took me just over 1 hr including removing and refitting the door card.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.