Drivers Side electric window

Motoko

Hi all,
I seem to have a problem, last week all of a sudden my driver side electric window doesn't want to work. I thought it might but the fuse but the passengers side works normally.
I thought it might be the switch, so I took apart the plastic covers and swapped the connections behind the switches around (so the passengers side switch was plugged into the driver side wiring) this didn't work either (both switches are fine).

Now i am really hoping it isn't the motor that has packed up or it might be the window is jammed somehow? i will try forcing the window down, but in the mean time has anyone had any similar problem or hints or solutions?

thanks

P.S 51 plate Ibiza, 1.4 Chill, 3 door

Mat

could be window regulator..... went on my 1.4

of course a search would have given you an answer

Motoko

sorry I searched now and I got some answers and hints, I tried listening for any clicking or if the motor sill turns but i hear nothing hen i press the button, so im guessing its the motor that's gone. is the regulator/motor the same thing by the way?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Mine starting to play up at the moment. The one-touch working fine on both windows when i open them but wont work when i try to close them so have to hold the button...

but cba at the moment so take all the dorr cards off again etc so will just get on with it...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.