DTUK tuning box

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
DTUKs FAQs on their website state they don't offer part exchange. Guess you can sell privately.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
DTUKs FAQs on their website state they don't offer part exchange. Guess you can sell privately.

Yeah i saw that to.
But i just read this on one of the their competitiors webpage
"Reprogrammable - Every CRTD2® is reprogrammable. This means that when you change your vehicle TDI Tuning can reprogram your system for your next compatible vehicle, whether this be another turbo diesel or the latest turbo petrol engines on the market."

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and...ps_135_kw_crtd2_diesel_tuning_chip_P6228.html

So hopefully DTUK can do that to, since other manufactors of tuning boxes can do this.
That is if i can reach someone at DTUK.. :rofl:

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
We've not had anyone notice the judder with the 150's so far, and not all of the DSG 184's suffer from this slight judder either.

Well, I have had judder in different situations on all + settings. Havent had any judder since putting on -1. My car is a leon 2.0 150 manual.

On map 1 and 2 with +1, theres slight judder whenever starting in 1st gear, quite annoying if driving in city trafic with a lot of stops.
On map 3+1, theres severe judder when trying to accelerate in 6st gear from around 85km/h and theres som load on the engine, like uphill or two passengers. The map 3+1 is the most unpleasant type. Of course i have tried +2 as well, but that just makes it worse.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Well, I have had judder in different situations on all + settings. Havent had any judder since putting on -1. My car is a leon 2.0 150 manual.

On map 1 and 2 with +1, theres slight judder whenever starting in 1st gear, quite annoying if driving in city trafic with a lot of stops.
On map 3+1, theres severe judder when trying to accelerate in 6st gear from around 85km/h and theres som load on the engine, like uphill or two passengers. The map 3+1 is the most unpleasant type. Of course i have tried +2 as well, but that just makes it worse.

Do you notice any performance increase from stock when you are running -1?

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Do you notice any performance increase from stock when you are running -1?

I havent tried stock for several months, so honestly i cant tell for sure. I still fell like the torque is better at -1 though than i remember stock to be, but could be that it is something i just imagine. I dont actually know what -1 means, if that is compared to stock or something relative to the dtuk box.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I havent tried stock for several months, so honestly i cant tell for sure. I still fell like the torque is better at -1 though than i remember stock to be, but could be that it is something i just imagine. I dont actually know what -1 means, if that is compared to stock or something relative to the dtuk box.

Ok thanks!
I guess you are just one of the people that seems to be experiencing problems with the DTUK box on a 2.0 tdi.

Since they haven't replied to ny email either I guess it's safer to look elsewhere.

Thanks for your input though Havsgaard!

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

mcmaddy

Aug 28, 2005
Dtuk don't normally work weekends so expect a reply Monday morning unless Andrew is on here today.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Dtuk don't normally work weekends so expect a reply Monday morning unless Andrew is on here today.

Yes i figured that.
But i sent the e-mail on thursday morning and last time i sent them an e-mail i got a reply after hours.

TobyAnscombe

Nov 29, 2014
Just to add my two pennies worth..

FR184 with a DTUK box - been running it on 1+1 for a month now; mix of town and motorway driving and nothing showing on VCDS and no judder or other issues. Has been a fit and forget and the improvement is indeed noticeable.

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Just to add my two pennies worth..

FR184 with a DTUK box - been running it on 1+1 for a month now; mix of town and motorway driving and nothing showing on VCDS and no judder or other issues. Has been a fit and forget and the improvement is indeed noticeable.

I guess it simply depends on some tolerances of some sort engine wise.
I really wish the judder wouldnt be present on +1, as the car is feeling quite nice on that setting - but it is probably one of the disadvantages you might run into when not having a remap made especially to your car.

I will remove the DTUK box today - as the car is going to the dealer to get the door seal fixed, so I will take note of how the car feels without the box mounted.

pj106

Jan 10, 2015
Longridge

I've just bought one of these (delivered today). Took me 10 mins to install. Went straight to Map 3+1 and it seems to work perfectly. No judder at all, you can definitely feel the power increase and acceleration is a lot smoother (and quicker). BTW I have a 2.0 TDi 150 FR.

Are the 3 different maps there to reflect different power levels? DTUK website says I should expect 200PS - but my question is is that only on the highest setting i.e 3+3? The paperwork that comes with it doesn't really explain it, just says play with it yourself until you find a setting you like.

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
I've just bought one of these (delivered today). Took me 10 mins to install. Went straight to Map 3+1 and it seems to work perfectly. No judder at all, you can definitely feel the power increase and acceleration is a lot smoother (and quicker). BTW I have a 2.0 TDi 150 FR.

Are the 3 different maps there to reflect different power levels? DTUK website says I should expect 200PS - but my question is is that only on the highest setting i.e 3+3? The paperwork that comes with it doesn't really explain it, just says play with it yourself until you find a setting you like.

When we dyno our 2.0 184 it produced 239hp on map 1 plus 1. Our advice is to run the maps in plus 1 maximum ..

All 3 give very similar power figures, but deliver the power slightly differently :)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
When we dyno our 2.0 184 it produced 239hp on map 1 plus 1. Our advice is to run the maps in plus 1 maximum ..

All 3 give very similar power figures, but deliver the power slightly differently :)

Can you give me ( us ) an idea of how slightly different the three maps are ?
Not to bothered about ultimate power numbers difference - more interested in what to expect in driveability with the different maps.

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Can you give me ( us ) an idea of how slightly different the three maps are ?
Not to bothered about ultimate power numbers difference - more interested in what to expect in driveability with the different maps.

I would say that Map 1 and 2 is very similar, the torque kicks in from low rpm, whereas map 3 starts from around 1800rpm.
I think map3 is very similar to stock until ~1800rpm, but once you get to that point, then you will feel the difference.

I like the low level rpm torque on map 1 and 2, 1 being the one I prefer, but I have noted both those mappings to come at a little cost km/l wise,
guess it has to do with the boost/pressure being higher due to the required torque at lower levels – it makes sense to me.
Map3 is, in my case, without doubt the one to go for if you want the best km/l of the 3 mappings. I managed to drive around 3000km on map3
before changing map, and the km/l was around 1-1.5km/l better compared to map 1 and 2.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014

It would be nice if you could reply to my posts or reply to my e-mail I sent you last week.

Would also be interesting to hear your comment on the problems Havsgaard is experiencing.

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
After driving a few days without the box mounted, just to get a feel of stock power (or lack of) again, I can definitely tell that there's quite a noticeable difference - also when running -1 (which is my standard setting due to judder on + maps). This time I have decided to try map3-1, previously i ran 1-1.
On stock there's no such thing as a kick in the back, but as soon as the box was mounted, I could feel the difference, and in the case with map3, from ~1800rpm.

So to my previous wonderings about, if the DTUK mapx-x settings is relative to stock or the box - I will conclude that it is relative to the DTUK box - and that you will benefit from minus settings as well.
That was also my assumption the first place, but the difference with/without box is quite clear and leaves no doubt in my mind.

Richy

Jun 26, 2014
Ayrshire (Scotland)
ok so i was just about to order a DTUK for my 150tdi but seeing these judder problems is kind of putting me off slightly... now im in 2 minds weather to leave it standard or just go with my gut and buy 1.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.