eBay cable and software?

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
that's the code for the 09-Central Electric module on the new leon. When you try to adapt some options like cornering fog lights, staging etc etc. The car won't let you until you go to the Security Access section within the Central Electrics module and type that 31347 code.

Thanks Mate, very useful information. Looks like I have a lot to learn with VCDS.

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
With my cable ordered, I think I need to go some reading whilst I wait, anyone recommended some good threads or sites for a complete novice? I'm fairly confident with computers and tech in general but I've never coded a car before...

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
With my cable ordered, I think I need to go some reading whilst I wait, anyone recommended some good threads or sites for a complete novice? I'm fairly confident with computers and tech in general but I've never coded a car before...

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Thanks dean apologies for the duplicate post my Galaxy S4 has been going crazy ever since Samsung delivered it 4.3 update... Thanks Samsung!

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
Just ordered mine from the chinees site, so excited as i am getting my Leon next week :)

But can anyone changed the setting successfully to post some video on the steps exactly?

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Enjoy!
This is the one I ordered, they arrive in decent time considering. Mine was 12.12 and I used it yesterday to switch on alarm chirp, ability to turn off DRL's, activate chequered wallpaper in DIS etc etc.
The important thing is to use it on a computer without an internet connection.
My advice, use it in a virtual machine (like the free Virtual Box from Oracle) that way it's not installed on your host OS but a siloed one where you can disable internet connectivity. The reason for this is VCDS will call home and flash your cable rendering it unusable. I accidentally did this with my previous cable, but at £12 bought a new one upon changing to the Mk3.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks, ordered (if there's any left), calling home to the mother ship noted ;)

@ac2013 Thanks for the .pdf link

@Nokiauk Cheers for the pull together ;)

Last edited:

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
@nokiauk thanks man, will check it.

but was hoping someone would post a video on the sequence of the steps in english. i am still a noob on this things...

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
@nokiauk, thanks man.

but was hoping for some video howto for this software, i am still noob in this stuf...

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Cable arrived today, got it installed ok, but getting the follow errors when it is talking to the car, CAN Not Ready, I changed the CAN timeout from default 0 to 55 and then back again, made no difference. Anybody had the same issue or know a fix??
11602386125_c97bdd8d97_o.jpg

Last edited:

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
done some search online and this could be bad cable!!

Last edited:

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
Thanks, I found the same, but was hoping it would be something else.

yeah not nice at all, do you have any other VAG cars around you could try it with it?!

and this is the chinese VCDS, right?!

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland

Mentioned on page 1 solly, UK seller on eBay, links still good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

solly84

Dec 27, 2013

Mentioned on page 1 solly, UK seller on eBay, links still good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

yeah noticed, already bought mine, the chinese one from Aliexpress!!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise