Eibach ARB's and Blueflame backbox

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Have been reading around, and it seams the Eibach ARB's dont fit the LCR with a standard back box on as it rubs.
Has anyone tried these with a blueflame system on, and does it allow that little extra to let the rear ARB clear the back box???

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
this would be good to know guys as we're looking to uprate our suspension so ideas would be great we have searched and info is so in depth just after a try these 3 kits or so then we'll be looking at trying to get a gb together!!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
so you don't have the eibach rear roll bar then, Lee?

Scottyb had/has the H&R rear which was a very similar design to the eibach, and that hit his blueflame back box.

go for the neuspeed, it was better made than the eibach I had, and it was loads easier to fit.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
oh dear, i've got a set of H&R arb's waiting to go on, it look like i'll be attacking the backbox with a hammer for clearance :( or fitting poly exhaust hangers to minimise movement

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85707

The H&R and the Eibach follow the spring cup, whereas the Neuspeed drops down (because it has drop links) so it misses the back box.

H&R looks similar to the eibach to fit as well - two semi-flexible metal straps; the neuspeed has two solid fabricated brackets.

I thought the 25mm eibach was a smidge too stiff (for stock suspension and stcok front ARB), the Neuapseed always felt a little softer on it's middle setting, so it felt perfect.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Cracking cheers feel. Think i may hold off with the ARB's for a bit, as the neuspeed ones are double the price of all the others (i know you get what you pay for). So will see how she is after i get the suspension on now. Just need to make the final choice as what to gor for. Koni FSD's and springs, Silverline's, or koni coilovers, or eibach coilovers..oh the decisions. Leaning towards the Silverlines ATM, as they have had a few good reviews, and the price is good to IMO.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
sounds good smooth reckon we should phone around sponsors for a good price

yeah, i dont that many places stock the FK range, will try the sponsors first see what they can do rob, and maybe a couple of other companies i found. Venom motorsport were fairly cheap IIRC.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
This is the problem, i dont want to miss the 20% off, as it is a blinding deal, but would like to see if i felt i needed them as i have front and rear upper strut braces already. Can i justify the 340 quid there gonna cost me!